Daytona Beach, FL
We are looking for individuals who are eager to develop and apply their skills in ways that make a positive impact to communities. Here, you’ll be proud to be a part of a company known for putting safety and people first, combined with uncompromising integrity.
As an intern, you will gain exposure to salary administration, bonus programs, healthcare, time off and retirement benefit programs as well as the Workday HRIS system. The main focus will be on a market benchmarking and cost analysis compensation project.
This will be an opportunity to get a flavor for a career in total rewards (compensation and benefits) through participation in project planning and testing of the annual merit cycle, survey data submissions, retirement plan governance and funding and total rewards communications. This member of the HR team will be critical to ensuring we provide relevant, innovative compensation programs to our diverse employee population.
The right individual for this role is someone who is collaborative and analytical. If you’re someone who is data-driven and likes analysis and excel – and who likes partnering and learning from colleagues in HR and other departments to explore options and find the best approach for the business and employees, you’ll like this role. Our team acts as internal consultants to the business – by developing and managing programs that help TopBuild attract and retain the best talent.
- Market compensation benchmarking project
- Create an inventory of survey sources currently in use
- Gather, review and submit salary and bonus survey data
- Enhance the hourly market compensation data process
- Analyze the cost of market pay scenarios
- Benchmark compensation levels, programs and best practices against market
- Other responsibilities / opportunities:
- Gain an understanding of the compensation and benefit team’s role and responsibilities
- Gain exposure to field bonus programs & administration
- Gain exposure to the Workday HRIS system
- Support the compensation team in developing a project plan and testing of the annual merit cycle
- Retirement plan funding and governance
- Annual benefit enrollment communications
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in process
- Collaborative, team-oriented
- Strong analytical skills – Uses data and information to make recommendations and resolve issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks within critical deadlines
- Good planning/organization skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously with strong attention to detail and results.
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
- Excellent communication skills
Type of Travel Required: Local
Amount of Travel Required: <10%
Work is performed in a typical office environment and may require standing, bending, lifting of boxes or packages under 10 lbs., and sitting for long periods of time. Work requires regularly inputting/retrieving words or data into or from an automated/computer system.
TopBuild Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.