US-New York, NY (1250 Broadway)
TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job…
Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 100+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards.
Who We Are:
TransPerfect was founded with a mission to help the world’s businesses navigate the global marketplace. Today, we have grown to be an industry leader organization by helping clients globalize their business no matter what service they might need. TransPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, legal support, and any kind of technology solution.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Benefits Administrator will assist with administering and maintaining company benefit programs as well as leave requests and accommodations requiring specialized attention, particularly those under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), state and local laws and short-term or long-term disability plans.
As a Benefits Administrator, you will:
- Assist with administering and maintaining company benefit programs not limited to group health, dental, short-term and long-term disability, basic life and AD&D, flexible spending accounts, and the 401(k). Communicate with employees and answering questions regarding benefits.
- Be a liason with vendors and advise employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters.
- Maintain employee eligibility with carriers and within Workday.
- Maintain and monitor the accuracy of employee deductions and elections to payroll.
- Audit benefits bills on a monthly basis compared to payroll deductions; prepare and submit bills for payment.
- Set up benefits orientation meetings and present benefits package to new employee.
- Assist with annual open enrollment period.
- Communicate with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules.
- Develop and implement written communication (FMLA packet, FMLA notice of eligibility, designation and extensions).
- Handle the FMLA leave administration process from the employee’s initial notice of need for leave to the return to work.
- Maintain reasonable communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relay communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
- Advise managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Oversee the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA or other leaves.
- Facilitates other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Administer other company time off programs as assigned in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Manage FMLA tracker and tracking of hours to inform the employee of remaining and used hours.
- Recommend revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups) required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in Human Resources.
- One year of experience in managing leave cases.
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal requirements of FMLA, ADA and other applicable laws.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- CBP or CEBS certified.
- Experience managing benefits in Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Proficient in Workday system (preferred).
For more than 25 years, we have honed a culture where all kinds of ideas are shared and new ventures are not only welcomed, but also encouraged. In this fast-paced environment, employees are intellectually stimulated so they can grow alongside the organization. From Intern to President, we believe that every single employee should have a voice and contribute to the amazing services we offer our clients.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k matching, membership to child-care providers, and other TransPerks. You even get your birthday off because let’s face it, we’re stoked that you were born.
TransPerfect provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law
For more information on the TransPerfect Family of Companies, please visit our website at www.transperfect.com.