New York, NY
Since 1977 we have delivered first class solutions to insurers worldwide, by combining global reach with local decision making. We have built customer & broker relationships on years of trust, experience and execution. Through our people, our products and our partnerships, we deliver the capacity and expertise necessary to contribute to the sustainable growth of prosperous communities worldwide. To do so, our colleagues work with:
Integrity Work honestly, to enhance TransRe’s reputation
Respect Value all colleagues. Collaborate actively.
Performance We reward excellence. Be accountable, manage risk and deliver TransRe’s strengths
Entrepreneurship Seize opportunities. Innovate for and with customers.
Customer Focus Anticipate their priorities. Exceed their expectations.
We have the following job opportunity in our New York City office:
The Corporate Accountant will work on a small team to complete various tasks & projects related to financial/management reporting and overhead expense review. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and review of management’s quarterly financial supplement and financial reporting to parent company
- Assisting in the preparation and review of audited standalone company financial statements and audited pension plan financials for Department of Labor reporting
- Monthly/Quarterly overhead expense review and closing
- Assist in the preparation and review of annual overhead expense budgets
- Ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Accounting experience at a (re)insurance firm is preferred
- Experience with Workday is preferred
TransRe is supportive of an agile work schedule, which may differ based on individual roles, your local office’s practices and preferences marketplace trends, and TransRe’s business objectives. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with 3 days in the office per week, and 2 days remote.
In addition to base salary, for this position, TransRe offers a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, and incentive pay opportunity. The anticipated annual base salary range in New York for this position, exclusive of benefits, paid time off, and incentive pay opportunity is $85,000 – $95,000 This range is an estimate and the actual base salary offered for this position will be determined based on certain factors, including the applicant’s specific skill set and level of experience.
This role is classified as salaried non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA). The incumbent will be paid for hours worked and will also be eligible to receive overtime pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we support diversity in the workforce.