New York, NY
Since 1977 we have delivered first class solutions to insurers worldwide, by combining global reach with local decision making. We have built customer & broker relationships on years of trust, experience and execution. Through our people, our products and our partnerships, we deliver the capacity and expertise necessary to contribute to the sustainable growth of prosperous communities worldwide. To do so, our colleagues work with:
Integrity Work honestly, to enhance TransRe’s reputation
Respect Value all colleagues. Collaborate actively.
Performance We reward excellence. Be accountable, manage risk and deliver TransRe’s strengths
Entrepreneurship Seize opportunities. Innovate for and with customers.
Customer Focus Anticipate their priorities. Exceed their expectations.
We have the following job opportunity in our New York City office:
The Staff Accountant will provide support to the Corporate Accounting team with all aspects of accounting and reporting functions. Responsibilities required of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Recording/Reviewing journal entries processed in the Workday general ledger as part of the monthly/quarterly close cycle
- Performing research for accounting matters in accordance with US GAAP and US SAP
- Preparing key account reconciliations including bank account, investment, and tax accounts reconciliation
- Preparing key account analytics
- Assisting in the preparation of Statutory statements and filings
- Developing an in depth understanding of the Workday Financial Accounting functionality
- Assisting in the group’s response to internal and external company audit requests; and
- Supporting Adhoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 0-2 years of accounting and statutory reporting experience, public accounting experience a plus
- Excellent written, verbal communications and teamwork skills
- Strong Excel skills
TransRe is supportive of an agile work schedule, which may differ based on individual roles, your local office’s practices and preferences marketplace trends, and TransRe’s business objectives. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with approximately 3 days in the office per week, with the remainder of the week remote.
In addition to base salary, for this position, TransRe offers a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, and incentive pay opportunity. The anticipated annual base salary range in New York for this position, exclusive of benefits, paid time off, and incentive pay opportunity is $65,000 to $75,000. This range is an estimate and the actual base salary offered for this position will be determined based on certain factors, including the applicant’s specific skill set and level of experience.
his role is classified as non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is eligible for overtime
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we support diversity in the workforce.