We Put the World on Vacation
At Travel + Leisure Co., our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a focus on vacation ownership, travel memberships, and exchange programs, we’re shaping the future of leisure travel by creating new possibilities for vacationers. Innovation and growth keep our work interesting and fun. Every day is a chance to learn something new and turn vacation inspiration into exceptional experiences for millions of travelers worldwide.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) is a business partnering role support both resort operations and sales and marketing functions. HRM will provide business leaders consultation and guidance on measures that support talent acquisition, retention and development goals. HRM will provide employee relations support to business partners to mitigate risk. This role also delivers training and development programs and drives local activities geared towards building organizational capability and positively impacting business results. Our Human Resources team partners with our centralized departments to include payroll, benefits, recruiting and compensation.
How You'll Shine:
- Understand business drivers and provides objective feedback to business leaders on process and initiatives that will drive long-term results.
- Collaborate with business leaders to ensure that the talent management strategy is effective and linked to the evolving business needs.
- Partner with the business leaders to ensure alignment and focus on goals related to employee engagement and other critical components that effect employee recruitment and retention.
- Advise, coach, and mediate on HR-related matters with employees and managers. Interpret, administer and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, company policies and procedures. Remain current and adhere to practices that will ensure an engaged workforce and compliant practices.
- Effectively investigate, document and provide guidance on corrective action or separation efforts when appropriate. This will include the ability to proficiently conduct formal investigatory efforts for behavior and conduct concerns and in response to employee complaints (i.e. harassment and discrimination cases).
- Facilitate associate orientation and various leadership training programs. Partner with local leadership to assess and identify high potential talent and provide partnered support and guidance for further development and education on how to fully leverage existing resources or methods.
- Participate in project team assignments for the HR organization that support the development and/or implementation of organization-wide projects and associate programs.
- Attend various business leadership meetings to ensure goal alignment at the site level.
- Assist in the development of solutions that support the business objectives and leadership capability.
- Support business leaders by navigating through CDC guidelines, emergency response plans, and communication.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resource experience as a demonstrated business partner
- Strong employee relations and investigation skills preferred
- Experience in supporting multiple business groups and/or multiple field locations preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws/regulations related to human resources
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred or equivalent years of work experience
- Demonstrated commitment to continue education within Human Resources
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to drive strategy and HR initiatives and successfully influencing leaders to action
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Passion and ability to deliver effective presentations and facilitate training
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include the 1) Ability to create team building environment 2) Ability to resolve employee conflicts and offer advice and solutions creating a win/win situation for the employee and the company 3) Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances and to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures and personalities
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Workday experience a plus
How You'll Be Rewarded:
We offer a diverse range of comprehensive health and welfare benefits to associates who work 30 or more hours per week to meet your needs and support you throughout your career with us. Travel + Leisure Co. benefits include:
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life and accident coverage
• Depending on position, paid time off, parental leave and holidays (speak to your recruiter for additional information)
• Wish day paid time to volunteer at an approved organization of your choice
• 401k with employer match (subject to eligibility requirements, including tenure – speak to your recruiter for additional information)
• Legal and identity theft plan
• Voluntary income protection benefits
• Wellness program (subject to provider availability)
• Employee Assistance Program
Generally starting at $90,000 – $120,000 per year. The actual salary of the candidate(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to experience, education, skills, training, and work location.
Where Memories Start with You
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co. Here, you’ll find an inclusive environment where we deliver excellence and take time to have fun, celebrate together, and support one another. We're always looking ahead to what’s next and how we can strengthen our business, its neighboring communities, and the customer experience. Join our global team and build a career where memories start with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to MyCareer@travelandleisure.com, including the title and location of the position for which you are applying.