MN – St. Paul
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
The Employee Services Unit (ESU) is a global inbound contact and transaction processing center that handles general HR questions within the six centers of excellence: Benefits, Contact Center, Leave of Absence, Payroll, Staffing Operations, and Talent Management Administration (TMA) supporting US, Canada, UK, and Ireland.
As a part of the Payroll team, the Associate, HR Operations, Payroll gains an understanding and knowledge of Travelers payroll related policies and procedures and utilizes them to ensure that employees are paid accurately and in a timely manner.
The duties for this job can include: understanding the concept of confidentiality, entering employee payroll data with attention to detail, and calculating wages and withholdings to ensure the final pay checks are correct.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands and applies concepts of HR policies, practices, and technology to effectively provide guidance and resolutions to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for routine data entry and case support.
- Handles various customer transactions to ensure timely and accurate results (i.e. paycheck, benefits, and HR data).
- Researches, analyzes and resolves issues utilizing various HR technologies and internal reference materials.
- Tracks all inquiries and escalates to other areas across HR to provide resolution as needed.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all questions/concerns from internal and external customers.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related preferred.
- 1 year of HR or equivalent customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
- Customer service oriented, verbal and written communication skills, results driven, excellent organization, and prioritization skills.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.