CT – Hartford
MN – St. Paul
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Travelers Benefits Organization oversees all company-wide employee benefit programs, including health and wellness, savings, retirement, and work-life to ensure we attract and retain top talent. As a Benefits Program Administration Manager on the Benefits team, you will oversee and direct the Workday administration for US, Canada, and Europe including benefits, absence, and time off eligibility configurations and vendor integrations. Leveraging your interpersonal and analytical skills, you will manage and oversee benefit administration projects and some services provided by outside benefit plan vendors.
Travelers offer a hybrid work arrangement designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the configuration, changes, and enhancements of the Workday benefits system to align with benefits plan requirements.
- Identify opportunities to streamline existing business processes and oversee the implementation process.
- Analyze reports and data and make recommendations for enhancements and improvements.
- Manage, update, and develop new communications, quick guides, and trainings to support assigned programs.
- Establish and maintain a centralized report inventory to increase consistency and ease of access across the organization.
- Support Workday and Benefits projects cross functionally and enterprise-wide.
- Act as the key point of contact for external vendors within the assigned benefits program including directing and monitoring their related activities.
- Bachelor’s and/or Associate’s Degree.
- Five years experience in benefits administration or benefit program management.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Seven years experience in benefits administration field.
- Experience using HR Technology platforms, including Workday.
- Experience leading and managing complex projects.
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work.
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate and understand current data and systems, find deficiencies/opportunities, recommend changes, and translate into business impacts.
- Ability to oversee multiple priorities simultaneously and follow through to ensure timely completion.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to foresee challenges and actively look for ways to create more efficient processes for the business.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.