CT – Hartford
CT – Windsor
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$115,600.00 – $190,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?
As a member of the senior management team, influences leadership and drives results for all human resource efforts for assigned customers. Participates in the development and execution of business plans and strategies. Participates in the development of human resources policies and programs by partnering with H.R. consulting group and employee relations consultants. Provides organization development leadership including human resource planning efforts. Oversees the coordination of resources delivered by other H.R. specialist functions. In conjunction with the senior manager of the customer group, determines which human resource services will be purchased from CHQ or outside vendors. Directs all human resource activities within the customer group. Stays abreast of social, economic and other trends that may affect the business or direction of human resources policies and programs and partners with staff responsible for research and development.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- In conjunction with other members of the customer senior management team, develops and executes plans and strategies to accomplish business objectives. Assures that human resources services delivered directly or indirectly are necessary, cost effective and in support of the business plans.
- Leads the human resources planning effort within the customer groups to ensure that there are adequate numbers of trained staff to accomplish business objectives and that appropriate human resource systems are in place to select, reward, train and motivate staff. Encourages progressive management and leadership characteristics and empowered staff by providing needed tools.
- In conjunction with other human resources staff, participates in the development of necessary policies and practices to ensure that they are consistent with overall corporate direction and in support of customer group plans.
- Provides leadership for all human resources efforts within the customer group. Consistently and critically examines the services to ensure alignment with business plan and that delivery is efficient and cost effective.
- Establishes and participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure that we are aware of social, economic and other trends that may affect the business or the direction of human resources policies and programs.
- In conjunction with the senior manager of the customer group, establishes what human resources services will be purchased from CHQ or outside vendors and monitors to assure delivery and quality of service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Seasoned human resource professional, typically with eight or more years of experience with most experience preferred in a generalist position.
- College degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, business or other related course of study.
- Extensive knowledge of human resources including organization development, employee relations, litigation management and avoidance.
- Knowledge of compensation, benefits, training and development and staffing.
- Experience with Workday and other mainframe and computer systems preferred.
- Knowledge of property casualty insurance helpful.
- Travel required.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of five years related work experience, with experience in a generalist role.
- Broad knowledge of human resources including organization development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and talent acquisition.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.