MA – Boston
CT – Hartford
MN – St. Paul
US – Nationwide
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Analytics & Research
Job Description Summary
This People Analytics role will be a member of our centralized HR Analytics team who provides workforce insights to enable Travelers to make better data-driven talent management decisions. The role will play a critical lead in the creation and maintenance of our HR and leader self-service dashboards within Workday. The role will also provide consultative and analytics support to multiple HR COEs.
A strong candidate brings a technical mind and strives to find answers to workforce related challenges. They have experience with Workday reporting, dashboards and utilizing Prism or Trended data sources. They have an insatiable drive to design and build solutions that are not just good enough to get the job done, but are thought provoking and exciting for our leaders to use. While technical, they also have strong consulting and relationship building skills. They have a passion for supporting customers on a mix of operational and strategic needs.
Be ready to join an established and experienced team in the early stages of rebuilding our people analytics capabilities within Workday. We balance independence and collaboration, demand a high level of accuracy and offer opportunities to consult directly with senior leaders in HR on creative and critical research projects.
Join us to take the next step in your career; you’ll stay because of the people, the culture, and the continuous opportunity to have an impact.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. #LI-Remote
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Workday dashboard design. Consult with clients/end-users on desired output, draft design requirements, build and test worklets and dashboards.
- Translates a customer request or dashboard design into a user-friendly output.
- Provide analytical and consulting support to various HR COEs.
- Consult in the design of Travelers’ programs and create analyses to measure program impact.
- Collaborates with data engineering to explain data requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and 3 years analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- BA or MS/MBA degree in mathematical, business, I/O Psych, human resources or related area.
- 5+ years of experience providing human capital analytics services at a large organization.
- Workday reporting expertise, including advanced, matrix and composite reports. Utilizing trended data sources for dashboard report creation.
- Experience designing end-user KPI dashboards to uncover talent insights and answer critical talent questions.
- The ability to translate a customer request or dashboard design into the needed data elements and structure.
- Experience supporting HR functional or business customers with qualitative and quantitative analyses providing relevant insights.
- Advanced Excel ability including complex formulas, scenario modeling, use of slicers or drop downs for end-users, regression and other analytics methods.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to translate analyses into key takeaways that are relevant to the end consumer.
- Experience uncovering business issues, helping to define an HR program to address the issues, then measuring the success of that program.
- Strong ability to ‘connect the dots’ of requests and activity throughout HR to see beyond customer’s ask to the root issue.
- Excellent at communicating and presenting technical results to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent ability to follow the data results and synthesize insights to build ‘the story’.
- Excitement to build relationships within team and across functional areas.
- Excellent problem-solving and system-thinking skills.
- Maintain data confidentiality.
- Demonstrates exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data.
- Nimble and flexible to adapt to changing priorities and new discoveries.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.