CT – Hartford
US – Nationwide
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Data Analytics, Human Resources
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$96,200.00 – $158,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Our People Analytics team is seeking an exceptional candidate for a new role providing technical expertise related to the creation, maintenance, and delivery of workforce analytic insights at Travelers. While technical, this role will also require relationship building skills and HR domain knowledge to build solutions, that are not just good enough to get the job done, they are thought provoking and exciting for our leaders to use.
Be ready to join an established and experienced team building out and enhancing our cloud-based People Analytics tech stack. A successful candidate will be comfortable building data models and designing dashboards in QlikSense with curated data coming from Snowflake, raw data directly from our HR Systems, and third-party data via APIs. This role should be comfortable building Workday reports and may also provide more direct, consultative support to our HR COEs.
Join us to take the next step in your career; you’ll stay because of the people, the culture, and the continuous opportunity to have an impact.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. #LI-Remote
What Will You Do?
- Provide data analysis, programming, and coding support for multiple complex components of insights delivery.
- Contribute significantly to data wrangling, user experience and interface design, semantic layer and material view design and builds, and asset lifecycle management across a range of capabilities including reporting, guided analytics, self-service, embedded, augmented, and data as a service across a range of multiple technologies and coding languages.
- Organize and present solution design options, which may include recommending patterns to leadership based on assessment of business requirements.
- Understand the business problem, context, and audience to inform execution of the work.
- Lead root cause analysis of production incidents and provide recommended patterns to avoid future incidents.
- Assess data sources and technologies available to address business problems.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to insight developers on how to efficiently deliver solutions that adhere to development standards and guidelines.
- Understand current delivery portfolio and how it addresses business problems.
- Align solution design to enterprise data management, security, and governance controls.
- Coach and aid in the skill development of team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Strong communication skills with the ability to consult on projects and present information effectively.
- Business acumen with the ability to think strategically and use judgement to resolve issues as they arise.
- Strong data acumen with the ability to analyze, cleanse, and organize data of significant complexity.
- Experience with Information Design techniques and Tools such as: SQL, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence Platforms (Qlik, MSTR, Tableau), and/or Workday.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor’s degree or three years equivalent experience with business intelligence tools, techniques, manipulation, or related.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.