Serves as the first point of customer contact in the HR Service Center environment for support and resolution of HR inquiries for all Trinity colleagues, OTE functional areas and vendors. Work activities include, but are not limited to processing of colleague position status change requests, tuition reimbursement applications, audit of HR transactions, telephone support and various HR administrative work as assigned. May investigate and resolve general issues related to HR processes and procedures and assist via telephone and e-mail.
Position works the 10:30am to 7:00pm shift Monday-Friday EST.
Compensation is $22.00/hour range commensurate with education and experience.
- This is a position in a HR Shared Services Contact Center.
- Provides assistance to managers, colleagues, and vendors in analysis and resolution of issues related to the service and delivery of benefits administration. Provides support for administration and technology assistance for Workday, PeopleSoft, and Kronos to facilitate Payroll processing. Provides guidance in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures for managers and colleagues, and acts to minimize company risk in all situations. Utilizes sustainable, efficient, and effective processes to support customer within the parameters of the department service level agreements. Markets department services and provides world class customer service.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of Trinity Health in leadership, behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Manages Human Resource service delivery for the HR Service Center areas of vendor administration, life status change administration, health and welfare plan administration, payroll processing systems, employment life cycle administration, or other Human Resources functional areas. Manages entry level case inquiries within the limits of the IRS Section 125 Plan and Trinity Health HR Policies.
- Audits monthly vendor billings and eligible participant and dependent reporting. Reviews and reconciles discrepancies with payroll; processes eligibility reports, court orders a2nd status changes with insurance carrier and payroll. Researches and prepares reports and spreadsheets analyzing costs and participation.
- Assists with projects, such as Open Enrollment for supported RHM’s to include testing and administrative responsibilities.
- Performs administrative activities, which includes completion, review, and approval of HR business transactions, preparing statistical/operational reports and conducting data integrity audits.
- Has proficient knowledge of Human Resource law, benefits plan design, IRS Code Section 125, ACA regulations, various payroll regulations, and HRIS reporting capabilities to effectively manage specialized job assignments.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with health ministries staff, Payroll, HR Operations, Legal Department, Total Rewards Benefits and Well-Being and vendors to facilitate efficient management of assignments.
- Maintains strong attention to detail while focusing on customer excellence by building rapport and establishing trust.
- Maintains case management technology to accurately log issues and notes for case assigned under stringent Legal Department requirements.
- Adheres to established regulations and ensures compliance for, processes, procedures, plans and systems.
- Maintains confidentiality of department and associate information according to established practice within HIPAA and NPPI guidelines.
- Maintains a working level knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Implementation, annual enrollment, process integration and contact/service center operations, as normally obtained through an Associate’s Degree and four (4) years of experience in an HR specialist or customer support role in a high volume work environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Systems, Human Resources or related field is preferred. A CEBS or PHR, SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- Experience in vendor management preferred. Thorough understanding of benefit plan design and eligibility required.
- Proficient knowledge of HRIS required. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of HRIS and HR processes, and an understanding of the downstream impact of transactions to benefits, pay, and other areas (Workday experience).Proficient knowledge of HR systems and tools and is able to identify when information appears out of alignment or incorrect. Familiarity with Workday, PeopleSoft, and Kronos time and attendance system preferred.
- Demonstrated decision making skills. Excellent communication skills, including strong listening and comprehension skills, and excellent human relations and interpersonal skills. Strong analytic, problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision while organizing and prioritizing workload. Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet established deadlines and, with composure, work in a face paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively interact and successfully represent the department with higher level managers, other various departments, functional areas and health ministries.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.