WorkDay Payroll Knowledge Essential
Payroll Knowledge Required
WorkDay Knowledge Preferred
Knowledge of Dimensions a plus
Serves as a mentor and project lead providing guidance to less experienced staff members. Establishes and maintains a consultative partnership with a business area/ client providing operational functional knowledge supporting the development of new/improved capabilities; translating business requirements to functional requirements, and identifying, defining and developing solutions to application and system problems. Serves as a primary contact and resource, by representing and interpreting client needs to technical staff and ensuring solutions meet overall client business needs and expectations. Possesses a considerable to extensive understanding of the business operation and functional area in order to appropriately evaluate and analyze business work flow and recommend alternative approaches in developing process improvement. Work activities require advanced competency in the application supported. Excellent communication and facilitation skills are needed to interface with varied interests and audiences, and solid analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to effectively develop solutions to application/process issues and maximize application capabilities in order to meet the clients' business needs. At this level, the position acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in key area supported, design methodology or complex application. Incumbents at this level have generally functioned as “super-user.” Serves a leadership role in providing direction to other team members and integrating possible solutions across operational/functional areas. Works with enterprise, regional or local level applications and users that may be deployed across multiple ministry organizations and geographic locations.
- Interfaces with business owners to understand, define and translate business requirements into functional specifications. Serves as a liaison between the client and the technical support staff. Works extensively with home office business partners.
- Researches and evaluates operational/functional area work-flow, investigates practices, processes and procedures; meets with decision makers and client to define business requirements. Analyzes current business system issues and develops process improvement and participates in best practice. Provides guidance in the alignment of learning strategies for new projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Work with clients to define business problems/issues and desired outcomes. Develop recommendations on alternative approaches and possible opportunities, while determining impact and long-term viability of solutions.
- Develops and maintains highly complex detailed project plan outlining steps and timetables for completion; conducts process flow mapping and gap analysis; assists with conversion initiatives; cutover preparation and testing; monitors project progress and provides status reports to management and clients. Develops detailed functional specifications and training documentation.
- Facilitates meetings, demos and training sessions with clients either in person or via Centra sessions, e-mail and phone. Works with clients to implement new/upgraded applications and provides guidance and training to ensure a smooth transition. Extensive interactive and collaborative partnerships with home office business partners.
- May serve as a lead managing, overseeing and providing training readiness for specific application implementations and coordinates the work of team members. Conducts needs assessment to determine training solutions; designs, modifies, or assists in the development of customized educational programs. Prepares materials, guides, job aides learning modules; conducts training utilizing various delivery methods and techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and monitors testing events. Develops test plans; creates test scripts and facilitate testing involving other TIS team and clients. Develops on-call support materials and job aids. May participate in developing testing plans, and participating in regression testing and preparing environment for training readiness. Analyzes, identifies, troubleshoots system and technical issues; interfaces with enterprise application teams to understand functionality of new and modified applications.
- Monitors and provides support to team members in resolving customer issues or other on-call issues and meeting project deadlines. Serves as project lead; mentors and provides guidance to less experienced team members, internal associates and external clients, which may include training, delegating tasks, providing guidance on methodologies, processes, standards and best practices.
- Performs system builds and maintain profiles; conducts master file maintenance, and updates tables. Performs functionality testing of new releases and changes to vendor software applications. Performs file / table audits to ensure integrity.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes moderately complex application functionality issues. Interfaces with technical application staff and/or vendors to resolve system or application problems. Research and respond to customer issues (i.e., break/fix).
- Develops and maintains user client relationships and customer service in order to support customer business needs.
- Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision and Values in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare or information technology and a minimum of five-seven (5-7) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate proficiency (3-5 yrs.) with Windows based applications. Knowledge and experience with instructional design/development authoring tools and data structures preferred.
- Considerable to extensive knowledge and experience (5-7 yrs.) utilizing healthcare business software applications and interfaces preferred. Some understanding of system integration.
- Considerable to extensive operational knowledge and experience (5-7 yrs.) of health care delivery and supported business process preferred.
- Strong proficiency utilizing presentation software.
- Prior experience functioning as a “super-user.”
- Ability to serve as a project lead and manage projects. Ability to provide expert knowledge and experience for the application and business line the team supports.
- Ability to serve as a mentor and provide guidance to team members.
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements and apply to application.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, technical aptitude.
- Ability to represent the team in customer and inter-team meetings. Ability to effectively lead group sessions and translate technical issues into business terminology.
- Ability to create functional specifications.
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Ability to obtain and exchange information.
- Ability to work independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to develop and deliver learning programs for the effective utilization of specific business applications. Knowledge and experience in at least two learning modality specializations, i.e. instructor led, synchronous, e-learning, print, etc. preferred. Knowledge of and experience with adult learning methodology and techniques preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to interface with various internal business analysts, hospital client users and external vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Must possess the ability to work in teams and with direct supervision.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position operates in a typical office environment. The area is well-lit, temperature-controlled and free from hazards. Incumbent communicates frequently, in person and over the telephone, with people in a number of different locations on technical issues. Manual dexterity is needed in order to operate a keyboard. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communications. The environment in which the incumbent will work requires the ability to concentrate, meet deadlines, work on several projects at the same period and adapt to interruptions.
- The incumbent must be capable of traveling in the course of completing project assignments.
- The incumbent may provide 24X7 on-call rotation support for software application, which includes assisting on applying fixes and resolution to production problems, errors and issues.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties so assigned.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.