(North America) Remote
Lead Financial Systems Analyst (Adaptive)
Office of Financial Planning and Analysis
Exempt, Regular, Full Time, Pay Grade 3.4
Job Location: REMOTE
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is seeking a Lead Financial Systems Analyst. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Budget and Financial Planning, the Lead Financial Systems Analyst (Adaptive Planning) will serve as the FP&A Team’s subject matter expert for all things related to Workday Adaptive Planning (formerly Adaptive Insights). This key team member will help to enable the FP&A team to gain maximum leverage and efficiency from the system, connecting it to other sources to maximize the team’s ability to strategic plan and forecast the business.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Build, support and manage Adaptive Planning models; Coordinate systems upgrades and testing and work in a team environment to develop and maintain application programs; Assist with needs assessments, system integrations, design support, and general change management support;
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for Adaptive Planning (a Workday product); Creates and manages reports for high level review; Develops financial models, analyses, KPIs and reports within Adaptive. Manages and maximizes the day-to-day functionality of Adaptive and continues evolving the tool with enhanced financial and data analytics, budget reporting and develop and design dashboards; Plan, review, and revise configurations and customizations to meet evolving business and operational needs.
- Act as the main point of contact for all Adaptive Planning updates and technical requests; Conduct ongoing maintenance; Provides complex problem-solving expertise for user interface issues, technical support and training as needed; Responsible for implementing any upgrades and enhancements to the Adaptive Planning tool; Manages the integration with the general ledger platform, Workday Financials. Work closely with UMGC Workday SMEs as it relates to integrations and reports being used in the Adaptive Planning tool.
- Develop, document, and implement policies, procedures, guidelines, and best practices to ensure data integrity and standardized end user processes
- Work with the team on process efficiencies through the utilizing of the Adaptive Planning tool and other technologies available.
- Provide application support and training for functional users; develop and maintain guideline and user access management.
- Serve as a technical liaison in order to identify, validate and test the transfer of data into the Adaptive Planning tool. Must be able to utilize data analytics and database skills including SQL and tableau to guarantee decision making is in line with other source and data systems (salesforce, Peoplesoft, enterprise data warehouse).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Information Systems, related area or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in Adaptive Planning system (Workday product), cloud-based planning tool, or demonstrated system/platform development.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Experience working with a cloud-based planning tool.
- Experience with data integrations & validations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, Software Engineering, Database Engineering or an MBA
- Experience with workday financials
- Experience with third party applications, adaptive planning, tableau, etc.
- Experience with an enterprise data warehouse
- Experience in the education industry
- Developing dashboards
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is committed to helping safeguard the health of its faculty, staff, students, contractors, and guests. Because vaccinations reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2-the virus that causes COVID-19-all prospective UMGC faculty (full-time and adjunct) and staff are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and current with the recommended boosters. As always, operations at our military locations in Europe, Asia, and stateside will follow the guidance of the U.S. Department of Defense and local commands, and may require proof of full vaccination, unless an exception is approved as a reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion. If so, a copy of their Approved Exception Letter must be provided before the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or show proof of exception may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.