Home Based United States
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
What success looks like in this role:
- Participate in and lead annual Rewards processes such as salary planning, bonus planning, salary and benefits surveys, market reference evaluation
- Conduct ongoing benchmarking/market and best practice research & survey analysis to evaluate program competitiveness, monitor market trends, interpret results and make recommendations based on results of compensation surveys
- Works on complex problems of global and local scope analyzing data sets and conducting statistical modeling to support assessment of studies, analyses, reports and costs
- Responsible for annual salary survey administration, participation, purchase, and accurate completion of survey responses
- Identify process improvement opportunities for maximum efficiency and recommend changes
- Manage relationships and/or partner with compensation vendors and consultants
- Participate in Job Architecture related projects including review of current program, job evaluations/analysis, benchmarking and audit of utilization
- Provide advice and counsel in compensation to Rewards and HR colleagues, according to the business needs and Corporate guidelines, including offers to new hires, compensation changes and bonus/commission plans
- Work closely with Legal, Accounting, Payroll, Finance and Tax to ensure programs comply with legal requirements
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Human Resources, or related field -OR- equivalent combination of technical and functional experience (preferred).
- Minimum 6 years of related compensation experience, preferably in a multinational environment.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, mathematical/statistical, data mining and technical skills; ability to perform independent in-depth analysis and present findings.
- Outstanding organizational ability including a keen attention to detail, strong follow-up skills; deadline oriented and proven ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement program and process management improvements and efficiencies.
- Capability to work in a remote team environment
- Ability to develop, launch, and monitor effective communication materials that enhance the understanding and value of global compensation programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively develop, sell, and implement programs, policies, and procedures. Above average facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience in job grading systems and market data analysis and interpretation (Mercer, Hay, Willis Towers Watson, etc.)
- Hands-on knowledge of Workday
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification, or currently in pursuit of CCP designation (preferred)
- Fully proficient in English, any additional language is a plus
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.