We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth™, CloudForte®, InteliServe™
What success looks like in this role:
The Global Procurement Sales & Account Partners (PSAP) team operates within Unisys’ Global Procurement (GP) Organization and is a growing, diverse and multi-skilled team. We help deliver cost efficient, proactive and competitive solutions to procurement challenges and requirements via our 3rd party suppliers and, in partnership with our Sales and Client Management Teams, support the continued growth and profitability of our global business.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment and enjoy being inspired working for a collaborative and forward-thinking Procurement function? You can help procurement deliver business value through the right and fast partnership with the business.
We are looking for a talented and hard-working procurement professional that has great energy, a hands-on approach to procurement, to support and partner with our Sales and Client Management teams, by leading the procurement initiatives and responsibilities tied to US&C bid pursuits and client account activity. The US&C Procurement Sales & Account Partner is a procurement manger role that works across-BU’s to remove obstacles and solve problems tied back to activities that our 3rd party supply base deliver for us and our clients. It directly supports the US&C region to enable attainment of its revenue and operational goals. This role requires an equal split of attention to detail, building trust-based relationships (internally with the business and externally with suppliers), problem analysis and resolution, broad supplier contracts & category knowledge, procurement policy understanding and application and, an ability to simultaneously handle a variety of procurement related requests and projects across a broad spectrum of categories with differing priority levels and deadlines. You will be the type of individual that will be naturally customer-service oriented, able to work independently, comfortable in operating with a high sense of urgency, be able to clearly articulate your procurement strategy to your stakeholders, enthusiastic about working in the largest region of supplier spend within Unisys and, driven to help our bid and client teams succeed within the demands of a fast-paced, growing and dynamic environment.
The PSAP team partner with the Sales, Client Account and Business Operations Teams to maximize value realization through our supplier network, accelerating competitive solution creation & the profitable delivery of our client commitments.
You will be accountable for mitigating supply risk, maximizing financial improvement and driving innovation with the supply base via the spend managed under your remit. In short, you will be accountable for ‘solving real business problems’ with our business partners.
The success of that delivery will be measured by initiatives outlined in your tailored annual objectives tied to your procurement responsibilities (we use the globally recognized Workday platform). Within GP, we pride ourselves on our family culture and empowering our associates in pushing further than previously thought possible. So, we look to bring on great people who relentlessly re-imagine the status-quo, challenge themselves and others to ‘Unlock the Possible’ and who also love to celebrate success. It’s what’s been at our core as a GP Team, with that instilled “One Team” culture and helping one another out.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
Your Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the end to end procurement sales process during bid pursuits where we have a dependency on 3rd party suppliers and partners, integral in the delivery of a commercially complaint and price competitive response to tender; This includes partnership at the pre-award/bid submission phase (Provision and negotiation of supplier bid pricing at the design and planning of the buy/bid team proposal submission where there’s 3rd party supplier dependency) followed by the post-award phase (won deals; Supplier contract development, negotiation and execution of negotiated agreements and SOW’s and ongoing renewals of what we need to buy on client accounts)
- Develop, champion, and ensure implementation of Account Profitability Improvement Plans (ensuring competitive 3rd Party Supplier Contracts/Spend) – Collect Data, Build Strategy/Plan, Action Strategy/Plan, Advise, Track, Repeat
- Procurement Advisory Services – Predictive/Proactive Supplier Insights & Recommendations provided on US&C Bid Pursuits & Client Accounts
- Drive early procurement involvement in the sales process to influence supplier choice and competitive rates during the solution creation phase where possible, working closely with the bid & solution architect teams
- Use of influence model to gain stakeholder buy-in. Not command and control.
- Lead improvement in effectiveness, efficiency and control for Spend Category
- Representing GP as the focal procurement subject matter expert (SME) for all procurement matters under your remit, related to the development of pricing proposals at the proposal phase of a bid pursuit, as well as the ongoing procurement activities on our client accounts; work with your other GP team members in the Global Category Management (CM), Global Strategic Sourcing Support (SSS) and Global Operations teams to align them to business objectives
- Improvement: Drives YOY financial improvement and risk mitigation
- Professional Development & Training Plan based on Role Competencies (Through our tailored Unisys Procurement Academy Program)
- Best Practices & Benchmarking to improve unit performance based on facts: Benchmarking (e.g. across industry benchmarks, best practices, etc.); Market Analysis (e.g. what are others doing in same categories, etc.)
- Accountable for cost savings improvement and responsible for communicating performance ‘Progress v Plan’.
- Accountable for continuous improvement across Client Account 3rd Party Spend activity, in terms of risk mitigation and improved financial performance.
- Partner with your business stakeholders within the US&C region across Bid pursuit and client account activity – drive supplier pricing turnaround compliance & velocity on deals, RFx process, procurement insights, advice, supplier market data unique to US&C and the accounts under your remit
- Develop and lead US&C regional procurement initiatives and sourcing project plans on all client accounts, including spend analysis, launching and executing RFP/RFI’s/RFQ’s for new scope or contract renewals, supplier & cost benchmarking, supplier market analysis & trends and advice and guidance that support making informed buying decisions when it comes to the suppliers used on client accounts.
- Work closely with the US&C Commercial Contract Management teams to ensure contractual compliance in your negotiated 3rd party supplier agreements that directly support winning deals and retaining clients (the Commercial Contract Management team capture key client head agreement terms and conditions that you will need to incorporate and ‘flow-down’ into supplier agreements)
- Work with the Unisys Bid Management teams on 3rd party supplier strategy, pricing and contracting requirements for the tender response process.
- Work with the Unisys Client Account Management teams on 3rd party supplier strategy, contract renewals and project plans to deliver cost savings and cash flow benefits.
- Work alongside the Solution Architects during the solution development stage to influence and encourage the consideration of innovative alternative 3rd party suppliers.
- Regularly inform and educate client account and Sales teams on Procurement Best Practices
- Drive for early stakeholder engagement and ensure compliance of Unisys GP policies across the client accounts and bid pursuits under your US&C remit.
- Analyze a variety of bid pursuit and client account requirements provided by business stakeholders and provide advice, guidance, clarity and action on procurement matters.
- Multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment, working with a sense of urgency and prioritization for all 3rd party supplier quote and pricing requirements (support deal velocity/speed-to-market)
- Build and foster relationships and work cross-functionally and cross Business Units (BU’s) with a diverse set of internal business partners and external 3rd party suppliers and partners.
- Share best practices with the Global PSAP team members to enhance quality and efficiency of support and contribute to the procurement intelligence and knowledge base.
- Accountability for quality/competitiveness of all third-party elements of sales’ Bid Pursuits and Client Accounts
- Ensure proper contracts (NDA’s, Teaming Agreements, Sub-Contract agreements, SOW’s, etc.) are in place at different stages of the bid process in order to minimize risk to Unisys.
- Ensure that 3rd party products or services purchased by Unisys are acquired at the optimal overall cost to Unisys – not just the initial purchase price, but throughout the contract and client account lifecycle.
- Leveraging Unisys’ global supplier spend & framework agreements to support bid pursuits and delivery of client account commitments.
- Optimizing Unisys Risk and Spend with 3rd party suppliers.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing 3rd party spend within large organization (annual revenue $1+ Billion) preferred, working across sales, commercial, client account and bid pursuit teams, leveraging suppliers to deliver competitive client offerings.
- Experience with a variety of supplier contracting areas (relevant within the US&C commercial and government landscapes), procurement processes, rules and regulations.
- Self-starter: able to translate broad problem statements into concrete procurement/supplier actions plans and execute against them
- Inquisitive, curious mindset with strong critical judgement and close attention to detail tied to all 3rd party supplier requirements supporting bids and accounts.
- Make the tough decisions in doing what’s right in the pursuit of winning deals and running profitable client accounts, where we are dependent on our supplier community to deliver against client commitments.
- Excellent people skills with a drive to get things done – right and fast – at both the individual level, as well as the senior management level of Unisys.
- Ability to develop business cases, presentations & stakeholder communications.
- Continuous learner and ability to consider ‘The Art of the Possible.’
- Work independently as a team collaborator
- Development of Supply Agreements – experience with commercial contracting; non-disclosure agreements; teaming agreements; subcontract agreements
- Negotiation, Contracting and supplier performance management/resolution experience (escalation point)
- Strong relationship skills
- Project Management and/or Contract Management Experience
- Experience with Salesforce (SFDC)
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle), e-Sourcing platforms, DocuSign, RFx tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Teams)
- Good experience with 3rd party supplier contracts (legal and commercial terms) across the key spend categories of IT&T, Labor and Indirect