Foothills Lab Anthes Building
Application Deadline: Resumes received by October 15th will get preferential treatment.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Work Authorization: UCAR/NCAR will not sponsor a work visa to fill this position.
Location: Location: Boulder, Colorado. Note: In light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and restricted access to UCAR facilities, UCAR will allow temporary remote work arrangements for newly hired employees. Eventual relocation to UCAR facilities in Boulder, CO is required for this specific position. That said, we do have Flexible working and Hybrid work options.
Hiring Range: $40,682 – $50,852
Full Salary Range: $40,682 – $66,108
Benefits: UCAR affirms its continuing commitment to developing, providing, and administering its employee benefit programs with due consideration for equal employment opportunity and diversity guidelines.
UCAR’s rich package of employee benefits includes medical, dental, vision, education assistance, retirement, and life insurance. UCAR offers a variety of programs designed to assist with work-life balance including flexible work alternatives, paid time off and 14 weeks of paid parental leave.
Vaccine Requirements: As required by Executive Order 14042, all Federal Contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. Effective immediately, UCAR requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated prior to entering on duty, subject to such exceptions as required by law.
If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by December 21, 2021 or before appointment or onboarding with UCAR, if after December 21, 2021. UCAR will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of UCAR a legally required exception from this requirement.
Where You Will Work:
Located in Boulder, Colorado, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) serves and participates in a collaborative community of researchers and educators who are dedicated to understanding the atmosphere — the air around us — and the complex processes that make up the Earth system, from the ocean floor to the Sun’s core. UCAR manages the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) on behalf of the National Science Foundation and the university community.
The Office of Human Resources Mission:
Embracing and balancing the changing needs of employees and the organization by:
Providing leading edge services and resources.
Building a strategic and innovative workforce through partnership.
Promoting an atmosphere in which employees feel recognized and valued by offering resources in benefits, personal development, and work-life options.
Creating a community of inclusivity as valued partners advocating on behalf of employees and community.
Fostering personal and professional excellence, growth, communication, and respect.
What You Will Do:
The Human Resource Coordinator assists with and facilitates the human resource processes in compensation and benefits. This role supports and administers employee health and welfare plans and compensation programs. The Human Resource Coordinator acts as an information resource and as liaison between employees and internal and external stakeholders. The Human Resource Coordinator ensures that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions, processes, and guidelines are followed.
- Coordinate benefit programs for medical, dental, vision, disability, life, COBRA, FSA, HSA, and accident insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan.
- Support employee vaccination and testing program
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions related to benefits. Acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers.
- Ensure new enrollments, enrollment changes, beneficiary updates, and address changes occur through HCM system.
- Ensure required electronic transactions are processed accurately through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Provide backup for new employee orientation and assist new hires with benefits enrollment.
- Reconcile and prepare vendor invoices for payment.
- Support the team with annual open enrollment efforts.
- Provide support with leave of absence management, including employee donation program
- Coordinate benefit-related learning event logistics and update internal intranet web pages.
- Respond to HR Benefits team email and mail; distribute to appropriate team members as needed.
- Reconcile benefits vendor files; addresses and correct discrepancies as needed.
- Assist with processing of terminations and ensure COBRA benefits are offered, as appropriate.
- Assist or prepare correspondence as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with administering and the organization’s compensation program.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions related to compensation.
- Provide information to employees on UCAR pay practices and compensation processes.
- Assist with job content review for appropriate classification and ensure consistency in job descriptions.
- Prepare documentation for salary review requests.
- Assist with promotions, including providing information and support to internal stakeholders, materials review, and process and system support.
- Assist with the annual merit increase process, including supporting annual budget planning and leadership decision-making activities, and HCM merit increase testing processes.
- Assist with conducting ad hoc surveys and compiling data.
- Support data collection needs related to regulatory and compliance reporting, which may include AAP, EEO-1, and VETS reporting.
- Provide input to process documentation and change recommendations; maintain process documentation.
What You Need:
Education and Years of Experience
- High school diploma.
- At least two years related experience required.
- SHRM-CP credential preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective interpersonal and working relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with Google Workspace products
- Working knowledge in a Human Capital Management system.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures, including familiarity with the areas of benefits and compensation.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment, prioritize work and meet stated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of employee data.
- Proficient with the Workday Human Capital Management system.
- A cover letter is required when applying to this position.
- Pre-employment screenings and background checks are conducted in conjunction with an offer for employment into risk-based positions. This screening may involve verifying or reviewing any of the following relevant information: restricted parties screening, employment verification, education verification, reference checks, verification of professional licenses, certifications, and Motor Vehicle Records. Risk-based positions require pre-employment screening, a criminal background check, and Sex Offender Registry screening (for positions working with vulnerable populations). UCAR complies with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Please note that while the position description details both minimum requirements as well as desired skills and experience, we want to remind applicants that you do not need to have all the desired skills and experience to be considered for this role. If you have the passion for the work along with experience in a related field, you are encouraged to apply. We can provide on-the-job training for the rest.
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer that strives to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. UCAR is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). We are committed to inclusivity and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the uniqueness of all members of our organization.