Foothills Lab Anthes Building
Work Options: (In-person, Remote, or Hybrid)
Application Deadline: This position will be posted until filled.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Work Authorization: UCAR/NCAR will not sponsor a work visa to fill this position.
Hiring Salary Range: $60,471 – $98,266
Benefits: UCAR affirms its continuing commitment to developing, providing, and administering its employee benefit programs with due consideration for equal employment opportunity and diversity guidelines.
UCAR’s rich package of employee benefits includes medical, dental, vision, education assistance, retirement, and life insurance. UCAR offers a variety of programs designed to assist with work-life balance including flexible work alternatives, paid time off and 14 weeks of paid parental leave.
Where You Will Work:
The Office of Human Resources Mission:
Embracing and balancing the changing needs of employees and the organization by:
- providing leading edge services and resources.
- building a strategic and innovative workforce through partnership.
- promoting an atmosphere in which employees feel recognized and valued by offering resources in benefits, personal development, and work-life options.
- creating a community of inclusivity as valued partners advocating on behalf of employees and community.
- fostering personal and professional excellence, growth, communication, and respect.
What You Will Do:
The Recruiter will develop and maintain productive relationships with Hiring Managers, HR Business partners and external business partners to ensure a successful start-to-finish recruitment process to source and place talent for UCAR/NCAR/UCP.
Work with Talent Acquisition Lead to:
- Perform full life-cycle recruiting to attract exceptionally qualified candidates for UCAR/NCAR/UCP positions.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand position requirements, determine how to successfully source for each position, and select and hire top talent for their needs.
- Creatively source candidates through a variety of methods to attract top talent including passive candidates.
- Accurately document and maintain all candidate activity; provide weekly reports on assigned metrics.
- Maintain current candidate and job status in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Design and implement best-in-class work flows, processes, and systems that deliver timely and effective staffing outcomes.
- Communicate clearly defined process disciplines/expectations to all hiring managers.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with recruitment sources (e.g. (1) private employment agencies; (2) professional societies; (3) colleges and universities; (4) other entities that are sources for high quality talent.
- Meet hiring objectives
- Help establish recruiting strategies to attract top talent
- Build talent pipelines
- Determine and access appropriate sourcing channels
- Evaluate applicants through the screening, assessment and interview process
- Deliver a consistent, high quality candidate and client experience
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives
Systems and Measures:
- Work with Talent Acquisition Lead to establish measurable performance goals for UCAR’s talent acquisition activities.
- Prepares reports monthly and ad hoc reports. Addresses service concerns proactively.
- Provide subject matter expertise, maintenance, and optimization of talent acquisition systems.
- Supports Affirmative Action Plan data collection, reporting, and development.
- Ensure compliance with all legal aspects of the talent acquisition process.
What You Need:
Education and Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field, and at least two years of professional-level experience in recruiting or human resources; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to translate organizational imperatives into a cohesive talent acquisition strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to communicate a vision, generate energy, create commitment and provide direction towards the achievement of the talent acquisition goals and objectives.
- Strong consultative approach with a demonstrated ability to develop successful relationships and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in talent sourcing strategies and tactics including referral generation, online social networking, resume database mining, and search engine sourcing.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Google Apps experience helpful.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple projects/priorities and a high requisition load in a fast-paced, customer-centric setting.
- Working knowledge of compensation strategies and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of employment practices and federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and the ability to engage, evaluate, and close prospective candidates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Must be comfortable and confident in an ambiguous and somewhat unstructured work environment.
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills; ability to compile and assess data, as well as troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects from concept to finish.
- Advanced skill in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters.
- Advanced knowledge of Workday applicant tracking system.
- Skill in extending social media to human resources activities.
- Advanced knowledge of an electronic employee orientation system.
- OFCCP Knowledge.
- Immigration Knowledge.
- Government Contractor experience.
A Diversity Statement is required for all candidates invited to interview.
- A cover letter is required.
- Employment screenings and background checks are conducted in conjunction with an offer for employment into risk-based positions. This screening may involve verifying or reviewing any of the following relevant information: restricted parties screening, employment verification, education verification, reference checks, verification of professional licenses, certifications, and Motor Vehicle Records. In addition to pre-employment screenings, risked-based positions require a criminal background check and Sex Offender Registry (for positions working with vulnerable populations). UCAR complies with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Please note that while the position description details both minimum requirements as well as desired skills and experience, we want to remind applicants that you do not need to have all the desired skills and experience to be considered for this role. If you have a passion for the work along with experience in a related field, you are encouraged to apply. We can provide on-the-job training for the rest.
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer that strives to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. UCAR is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). We are committed to inclusivity and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the uniqueness of all members of our organization.