Foothills Lab Anthes Building
Job Description Summary
Application Deadline: This position will be posted until filled.
Work Authorization: UCAR/NCAR will sponsor a work visa to fill this position.
Relocation: No relocation package is offered for this position.
Vaccination Requirement: All employees hired at UCAR must comply with current COVID vaccination requirements for federal contractors as well as UCAR policy and safety protocols.
Hiring Range $52,056 – $65,070
Full Salary Range $52,056 – $84,591
Where You Will Work:
The Office of Human Resources Mission:
Embracing and balancing the changing needs of employees and the organization by:
Providing leading edge services and resources.
Building a strategic and innovative workforce through partnership.
Promoting an atmosphere in which employees feel recognized and valued by offering resources in benefits, personal development, and work-life options.
Creating a community of inclusivity as valued partners advocating on behalf of employees and community.
Fostering personal and professional excellence, growth, communication, and respect.
What you Will Do: The Total Rewards Specialist assists with and facilitates the human resource processes in compensation and benefits. This role supports the administration of the Total Rewards program, including the employee benefit plans and compensation programs. The Total Rewards Specialist acts as an information resource and as liaison between employees and internal and external stakeholders. The Total Rewards Specialist ensures that all plans are administered in accordance with federal, state, and other applicable regulations and that plan provisions, processes, and guidelines are followed.
- Assist with the administration of the benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, COBRA, FSA, HSA, accident insurance and/or the 403(b) retirement plan.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions related to benefits. Acts as a liaison between employees and insurance providers.
- Ensure new enrollments, enrollment changes, beneficiary updates, and address changes occur accurately.
- Ensure required electronic transactions are processed accurately through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Provide backup for new employee orientation and assist new hires with benefits enrollment.
- Reconcile and prepare vendor invoices for payment.
- Support the team with annual open enrollment efforts.
- Provide support with leave of absence management and administration, including employee time off donation program
- Coordinate benefit-related education events and update internal intranet web pages.
- Respond to HR Benefits team email and mail; distribute to appropriate team members as needed.
- Assist with the internal audit and reconciliation process of participant data files and work with the relevant stakeholders to correct discrepancies as needed.
- Assist with processing of terminations and ensure COBRA benefits are offered, as appropriate.
- Assist or prepare correspondence as requested.
- Assists with the setup and administration of a wellness program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist with administering of the organization’s compensation program.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions related to compensation.
- Provide information to employees on UCAR pay practices and compensation processes.
- Assist with job content review for appropriate classification and ensure consistency in job descriptions.
- Prepare documentation for salary review requests.
- Assist with promotions, including providing information and support to internal stakeholders, materials review, and process and system support.
- Assist with the annual merit increase process, including supporting annual budget planning and leadership decision-making activities, and HCM merit increase testing processes.
- Assist with conducting ad hoc surveys and compiling survey data.
- Support data collection needs related to regulatory and compliance reporting, which may include AAP, EEO-1, and VETS reporting.
- Provide input to process documentation and change recommendations; maintain process documentation.
- Assists with the administration of the rewards and recognition programs
- Assist with special compensation related projects as requested.
What You Need:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective interpersonal and working relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge in a Human Capital Management or HRIS system.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures, including familiarity with the areas of benefits and compensation.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment, prioritize work and meet stated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive employee data.
Desired, But Not Required:
- Experience with Workday.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace products.
- Prior experience administering benefits and/or compensation plans or programs.
Education and Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, finance, or a related field; or a combination of equivalent education and experience (e.g. Associates Degree and 4 years of experience)
- SHRM-CP, CEBS, or CCP credential preferred.
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer that strives to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. UCAR is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). We are committed to inclusivity and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the uniqueness of all members of our organization.