Foothills Lab Anthes Building
UCAR is excited to announce the job opening for the Workday Financial Solutions Senior Analyst/Administrator. This position is responsible for supporting the operations and maintenance of the UCAR financials system, Workday. This position is responsible for leading and driving initiatives ensuring that UCAR is leveraging the most up to date functionality within the Workday system.
This position will lead and oversee governance activities, design and maintain configurations and administration for the Workday Financials application, identify and execute on operational efficiencies using Workday, evaluation of system functionality, identify reporting enhancements, including dashboards, manage twice a year updates, develop training strategy on the use of Workday Financials, and overall product management for any changes or integrations related to Workday Financials. This position is responsible for working with functional areas with the CFO team to ensure configuration changes are properly managed, tested, and implemented.
Where You Will Work:
At UCAR, you will work alongside a dedicated team of professionals conducting critical research and community outreach to solve complex Earth system science problems including climate change, air pollution, extreme weather, floods, drought, wildfires, and space weather, all with the goal of improving human life and reducing economic loss. Each of us, from scientists to the professionals who support their work, serves the public and a collaborative community of scientists in our mission to understand the complex processes that make up the Earth system, from the ocean floor to the Sun’s core.
Job Location: Boulder, CO
Job Type: In-Person or Hybrid (Combination Remote and Onsite presence)
Position Type & Term: Full-Time, Regular
Hiring Range: Annual Salary Range $83,181 – $103,976
*Final salary and rates are based on education, experience, skills relevant to the role, and internal equity.*
- Application Deadline: The position will be posted until filled
- Required application materials (preferably in PDF Format):
- Cover Letter
- An Inclusion statement may be required for applicants advancing to an in-person or video interview. When applicable, candidates will be notified with instructions. Learn more.
- Work Authorization: US Residency is a Requirement. You must reside in the U.S. for this position. UCAR/NCAR will not sponsor a work visa (e.g., J-1, H-1B, etc.) for this position. U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or another protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) is required for this position.] Please see “Final Considerations” for more information at the bottom
- International remote work is only available for 20 days per calendar year
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.]
- Pre-employment screenings are conducted for selected candidates; background checks are also conducted for risk-based positions. Learn more.
Benefits Overview (not including internship or casual roles)
UCAR affirms its commitment to employees through competitive benefits. In addition to medical, dental, vision, retirement, and life insurance, UCAR offers a variety of programs focused on work-life balance and professional, and personal development. These include:
- Tuition Assistance, time off allowance to attend classes, and other professional development opportunities
- UCAR contributes 10% of your eligible pay into your retirement account; 100% fully vested on day one
- Starting minimum accrual of 20 days of personal time off each year (prorated for less than full-time positions)
- 10 paid holidays each year
- 10 days of paid sick leave each year
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare
- Short-term medical leave paid at 100% of your regular salary
- EcoPass for local Colorado residents to use the Denver and Boulder-area transit system at no cost
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our organization is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and fostering a culture where everyone feels welcome and supported. To learn more about these efforts, visit the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategic Plan and our Diversity & Inclusion: A Welcoming Workplace site.
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a position if they do not meet almost 100% of the desired skills and experience. Please note this is not necessary! If you meet the minimum requirements and have a passion for the work, you are encouraged to apply. We can provide on-the-job training for the rest!
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT AT UCAR
Here is a brief outline of what one would expect to be responsible for in this role.
Workday Financials System Solutions Leadership
- Leads the configuration and validation the UCAR Workday Financials cloud applications, including administration and maintenance of organization hierarchies, workflow configuration, business process configuration, master data, and embedded business rules.
- Serves as the primary point of contact ensuring data integrity in the areas of maintenance releases, system modifications, system releases, report writing, document maintenance, system audits, troubleshooting tenant configurations and integrations and making recommendations for process changes.
- Plans, coordinates and executes quality assurance testing for new releases, workflow, and configuration changes. Monitors vendor service level agreements and annual fees, identifies and resolves issues with the vendor, escalating issues to management when appropriate.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities to enhance user experience and increase adoption for Workday Financial solutions to drive efficiency, reduce the cost of operations, and mitigate operational risk.
- Stays abreast of vendor product roadmaps by staying in close contact with vendor customer relationship managers and makes recommendations to management how to leverage new features. Considers future product capabilities in current designs.
- Lead the development, delivery, and presentation of Workday Financials program technical roadmaps and status reports at Steering Committee meetings. Incorporate feedback from the committee into the operating plan. Ensure the program is in alignment with CFO leadership strategic initiatives.
- Lead functional project teams and ensure deployments are properly defined, planned, and executed to meet project and organizational goals.
- Lead planning and requirements review sessions in close collaboration with a variety of stakeholders including managers, directors, and functional leads.
- Ensure assigned projects are delivered on time and within the allocated budget
WHO WE’D LOVE TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Successful candidates will ensure their application materials speak to the following criteria:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years finance and business operations technology experience required with direct responsibility in the areas of financial management implementations, vendor management, configuration and workflow maintenance, and reporting.
- Experience with Workday Financials, preferably with experience implementing new applications.
Desired, but not required:
- Professional experience in a higher education, non-profit, or research institution
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in and knowledge of financial accounting, sponsored awards, accounts payable, payroll, business assets, gift planning, banking and settlement, and financial planning and analysis workstreams and practices including Workday Financials applications and the application of appropriate internal controls.
- Demonstrated experience administering and configuring Workday Financials.
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement to delivery excellence and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis and business process modeling, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience developing reports and management dashboards using analytic tools and business report writing software
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer that strives to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. UCAR is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). We are committed to inclusivity and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the uniqueness of all members of our organization.