University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Current University of Arkansas System employees (excluding those at UAMS) including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Professional Staff – Project/Program Administration
Day Shift (United States of America)
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a metropolitan research university that provides an accessible, quality education through flexible learning and unparalleled internship opportunities. At UA Little Rock, we prepare our more than 8,900 students to be innovators and responsible leaders in their fields. Committed to its metropolitan research university mission, UA Little Rock is a driving force in Little Rock’s thriving cultural community and a major component of the city and state’s growing profile as a regional leader in research, technology transfer, economic development, and job creation.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
VC Finance & Administration
Summary of Job Duties:
The Workday Support Team Supervisor is a twelve-month provisional position that provides services critical to maintaining and enhancing the Workday experience for the UA Little Rock community. The hallmarks of this team will be delivering timely and accurate outcomes that are highly attuned to the fast-paced campus environment.
Ultimately reporting to the Vice-Chancellor for Finance and Administration, the Workday Support Team Supervisor will manage a team dedicated to serving customers by driving resolution of issues/inquiries, facilitating enhancement requests, and delivering effective change management and communications. Additionally, the incumbent will ensure a high level of coordination across the entirety of the Workday support model at UA Little Rock.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent will need to build and implement a Support Team model that manages customer-focused inquiry and transactional processes, collaborates with stakeholders in support of continuous improvement, and strategically advances the team to lead implementation, optimization, and adaption of Workday and related systems to the University’s needs. The incumbent will need to possess expertise in providing enterprise application services to a diverse user community and leverage broad insight into the operational processes enabled by Workday. The incumbent will also be flexible and adaptable to changing organizational needs, particularly in adopting IT best practices and management structure.
The qualified applicant should be able to cultivate an environment that is highly focused on delivering quality services to customers. In achieving this objective, the incumbent will need to drive clear communications across all tiers of the Workday support model and instill a collaborative approach to solving problems and achieving significant improvement over time.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function of this job, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance or related area;
- At least five years of experience, some of which was the delivery of enterprise services or equivalent support;
- At least two years of supervisory experience;
- Demonstrable leadership experience, including supervision of diverse resources in a deadline-driven environment and cultivation of trust, strong collaboration, and professional development on a high-performing team;
- Experience providing enterprise application services to a user community, including resolution of complex or time-sensitive customer service issues;
- Experience coordinating with functional subject matter experts and technical teams to understand system issues, enhance business processes, and support testing activities;
- Experience delivering high-quality customer services to an organization in a leadership role, including management of complex issues/inquiries and facilitation of enhancement requests;
- Experience collaborating with key stakeholders to balance competing priorities, including process efficiency and user satisfaction considerations;
- Experience communicating effectively with diverse stakeholders, including customers, governance teams, and key process stakeholders;
- Experience utilizing a proactive continuous improvement/iterative approach to support model requirements, engaging stakeholders to promote feedback, and refining working frameworks on an ongoing basis;
- Experience working with Workday Finance and/or HCM in some manner.
- Master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance or related area;
- Experience playing a leadership role in a Workday support model environment;
- Working experience designing and/or managing relevant business processes at UA Little Rock or in a comparable higher education environment;
- Experience designing and managing Workday foundational elements, business processes, and associated reporting functionality;
- Experience in the use of customer support infrastructure tools, including a call ticketing system, knowledge base, and associated reporting tools;
- Experience in formulating, negotiating, and developing Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as the Workday Support Team lead for UA Little Rock;
- Implement UA Little Rock support model policies and procedures and ensures campus adherence;
- Exhibit a customer-centric approach and focuses on elevating the support model experience in the departments/units;
- Drive communication and coordination of support services;
- Manage coordination with Project One relative to Workday Support Team issues;
- Has cognizance over prioritization and gatekeeping of Workday enhancement requests;
- Advocate for needed UA Little Rock enhancements;
- Ensure system/process requirements are defined in a consistently clear and detailed manner;
- Directly manages the Workday Support Team;
- Ensure that UA Little Rock has conducted requisite troubleshooting prior to escalating to Project One;
- Ensure that testing efforts are coordinated in support of changes introduced to Workday via Project One;
- Participate in Finance and HCM Workday user groups, associated knowledge sharing, and communication of feedback to Project One;
- Continuously improve the Workday support model by building a culture of user engagement including learning from end-users how to improve their experience, and providing tools for users to adapt to Workday requirements;
- Provide guidance and input into the reporting strategy and prioritization of Workday reporting requests;
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to coordinate support services in a multi-tiered framework;
- Ability to manage an enterprise services Support Team;
- Ability to implement policies and procedures and drive adherence;
- Ability to instill a customer-centric approach and enhance user experiences;
- Ability to understand complex requirements and prioritize enhancement initiatives;
- Ability to clearly articulate requirements and advocate on behalf of a user community;
- Ability to promote collaboration amongst disparate constituencies in a distributed environment.
Please upload all required documents in the “Resume” attachment section of your application (before hitting the submit button), if you want to be considered for this position.
$60,000 – $75,000
Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Lisa Shellito, Administrative Operations Manager, 501-916-5624, [email protected]
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Criminal Background Check, Financial Credit Check, Sex Offender Registry
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Sitting, Talking
Occasional Physical Activity: