If you are a current University employee, please use the internal career site to apply for this position.
This posting is for a full-time, 12-month, exempt position. The Enrollment Management Data Analyst position is responsible for designing, conducting, and summarizing analytics related to student recruiting and admission, retention, student information, enrollment management, financial aid, performance benchmarking, peer analysis, and other areas as required. The Enrollment Management Data Analyst position will provide advanced quantitative and qualitative data analysis and provide data-driven advice for EM departments. They will work closely with the institution’s admission, enrollment, and student financial services teams to optimize the methods used for extracting, merging, and storing relevant data for analysis purposes. The Enrollment Management Data Analyst reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and works closely with the Assistant Vice President for EM, and the Directors of Admission, Financial Aid, and Marketing. This is a fully remote position.
This position requires regular, predictable, reliable attendance.
1. Provide data management, data manipulation, data analytics, and technical support for optimizing processes regarding SLATE CRM System, Workday, EAB Financial Aid Optimization, and other software systems for the University enrollment and marketing processes.
2. In collaboration with the EM leadership, conducts regular departmental data audits for accuracy, and consistency and to flag any anomalies in data formatting and information coding.
3. Work closely with internal & and external customers to gain an understanding of business processes and rules to facilitate accurate and manageable reporting.
4. Build, create, and deploy data models to visualize, analyze, predict, and identify key trends.
5. Interpret data results using a variety of analytical techniques ranging from simple data aggregation to complex data mining.
6. Design, generate, and produce standard and custom analytical reports summarizing transactional data to support the operations of enrollment management.
7. Write queries and extract data sets from various systems including customer relationship management (CRM), student information system (SIS), and financial aid system using query management tools as needed and requested by the Vice President.
8. Develop expertise on Workday financial aid module functionality including, automation, workflow, error proofing mechanisms, reporting, import and export tools.
9. Leads small to medium process improvement efforts; develops and maintains a roadmap for future system improvements.
10. Collaborate with campus stakeholders on requests for data/information for accreditation, external reporting requirements (state and national), annual marketing surveys (e.g. U.S. News & World Report, Petersons, and Princeton Review), enrollment, and other requests as they relate to specific programs and their intended outcomes.
11. Serves as primary Workday support resource for admissions and financial aid staff.
12. Maintain data confidentiality and observe all FERPA regulations.
13. Perform all other duties as appropriate for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Strategic Thinking.
2. Excel Proficiency.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Project Management.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
This is a remote job that requires routine use of standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time 12-month position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The position requires occasional weekends and extended hours.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. At least 5 years of higher education experience.
3. Excellent interpersonal/written communication skills, attention to detail, a high level of organization, enthusiasm, and a commitment to a collaborative approach.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and campus ERP systems, and knowledge of current and emerging technologies available to improve the enrollment management process are also necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Master’s degree.
2. An understanding of enrollment management including admissions and financial aid.
3. Proven experience working with Power BI or other data visualization technologies to build custom dashboards and KPIs.
4. Work experience and understanding of SQL and/or Python to connect data from various sources into data models.
For optimal consideration of your applicant file, faculty applications must include a cover letter; current Resume or Curriculum Vitae; a statement of teaching philosophy; and the contact information for three professional references with your application. Staff applications must include a current Resume or Curriculum Vitae and cover letter with your application.
The University of Findlay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. It is the university's policy to prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, sex (including gender identity/expression), color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military or sexual orientation.