If you are a current University employee, please use the internal career site to apply for this position.
This posting is for a full-time, 12-month, exempt position. This position will serve as a Workday system analyst at the University of Findlay. The successful candidate will provide programming, business process development, reporting, integration, and analytical support services for Workday. Additionally, they will organize, analyze, and present business process flows, requirements, test plans, communication plans in written documents, graphics, tables, diagrams, and oral presentations for both end users and Workday team members. This is a full-time position that is expected to assist in both the implementation of Workday as well as support long term.
This position requires regular, predictable, reliable attendance in the office environment.
1. Primary contact for all issues and requests related to Workday. Provide Workday and subject matter expertise – organizing around module functionally and providing a holistic view of the process.
2. Keep current with Workday requests and coordinate with Business Process Owners (BPOs) to prioritize HR workload.
3. Assist in resolving User How To questions and coordinate with BPOs to maintain/develop support materials (Job aids, FAQs, etc.)
4. Facilitate the Governance Process as it relates to Workday changes.
5. Coordinate with the Governance Process as overlap and need is identified.
6. Keep up to date on Workday functionality and training through proactive review, analysis during requirements and design as well as formal education.
7. Work with stakeholders and BPOs to develop requirements for design and implementation of Workday changes.
8. Assist with the design (and execution where needed) of testing scenarios.
9. Develop and maintain awareness of data security and comply with policies and procedures working closely with SA security liaison.
10. Coordinate feature/function cases with Workday support and Office Hours.
11. Assist in documenting requirements for Workday reports and developing reports as requested.
12. Maintain master data configuration ensuring master data sync between Workday and other systems.
13. Lead Workday bi-annual release readiness and testing activities in conjunction with Change & Release manager, fellow Workday System Analysts and Functional Leads.
14. Relentlessly pursue operational excellence in their space as well as impacting areas.
15. Problem Solving: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required. Must be capable of using advanced analysis, planning, and collaboration and leadership skills to develop and implement solutions.
16. Critical thinking skills to seek solutions is a must.
17. Communication and Collaboration Skills Excellent verbal and written communication skills ability to express thoughts to others in a manner that are clear, concise, and confident, yet always remaining open to ideas.
18. Candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic internal and external communications, advocacy, and engagement plans and execution of those plans.
19. Identifying training needs by evaluating organizational change, translating requirements into trainings, building training programs, preparing training plans and execution of said plans.
20. Candidate will be committed to working in a collaborative team environment with the ability to come up with creative solutions.
21. Ability to encourage individual thinking that aligns with our cultural design is critical. Must be accurate, timely and be able to draw conclusions from data.
22. Technical Knowledge: Must be skilled in all Microsoft Office products and capable of gaining proficiency in the software used within the department.
23. Perform all other duties deemed appropriate for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies — Knowledge of:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with clients.
• Ability to accurately collect information to understand and assess the client’s needs and situation.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and resolution.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects.
• Advanced Excel skills.
There are no supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time 12-month position. This position can be remote but travel to campus will be required at times.
Travel will be required if a remote worker. This will be determined and coordinated with Supervisor.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. A minimum of one year of Workday experience, consulting, or training.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Experience with data analytics, reading and making recommendations based on analysis.
2. Project management experience, taking a concept from ideation through execution alongside other team members.
For optimal consideration of your applicant file, faculty applications must include a cover letter; current Resume or Curriculum Vitae; a statement of teaching philosophy; and the contact information for three professional references with your application. Staff applications must include a current Resume or Curriculum Vitae and cover letter with your application.
The University of Findlay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. It is the university's policy to prohibit discrimination and provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, sex (including gender identity/expression), color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military or sexual orientation.