Kansas City Metro Area
SOM Department of Population Health
Population Health Administration
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
Provide administrative and clerical support to chair, faculty, directors and staff, including ordering supplies, processing purchase requisitions and travel forms in Workday, credit card purchases, answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors. Make appointments and room reservations for faculty, staff and department programs classes as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, education or related field, with at least one year of work experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-to-year basis.
- Must possess excellent analytical thinking, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with faculty, administrators, and staff within and outside of KUMC.
- Exceptional customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Work Experience: Administrative experience in an academic or medical setting.
- General accounting experience.
- Experience with calendar management/coordination.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Workday.
Job Duties Outlined:
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks for department faculty and program staff. Process transactions including purchase requisitions, credit card purchases, travel requests and reimbursement forms. Update departmental log in Microsoft Excel.
- Train on Workday software: departmental billing, purchase requisitions, Procurement Card purchases, inter-departmental purchase, travel request and reimbursement forms.
- Greet and assist visitors and prospective students. Act as backup for other administrative staff when individuals are on leave. Answer phone lines, receive and relay messages, distribute mail.
- Maintain refrigerator, copier, fax and shared printers; order parts and service as needed and replace/replenish paper and cartridges as needed.
- Submit Information Resource requests for the department.
- Update website content for the department and educational programs.
- Coordinate special events, including department events, capstone orientations, guest speakers, graduation activities, grand rounds and seminars – reserve rooms, set up a web conferencing system for online participants, and communicate with speakers.
- Manage the Trumba events calendar and registration list.
- Coordinate department meetings, including sending out appointments, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and distributing documents to participants.
- Coordinate scheduling and email distribution lists for monthly Health Services Research Seminar series.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for departmental staff and faculty
- Assist with the department and programs document archiving.
- Maintain, operate, and assist others as needed with the computer equipment in the Crumbine classroom and 4030B Robinson Conference Room; manage the room reservation calendar on Outlook.
- Assist with maintaining workstation computers; install software updates, renew SAS license and send in work orders for repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Assist with creating a social media presence for the department and other program related projects.
- Assist faculty with creating and maintaining data in FACT.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Cover Letter
Pay Rate Type: