Kansas City Metro Area
SOM KC Internal Medicine – Administration
Grant Budget Analyst
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
The Department of Internal Medicine is seeking Clinical Research Administrator to support and manage complex clinical research portfolio in collaboration with our institutional structures, faculty, sponsors, and the Internal Medicine Research Office (IMRO). This position provides a full range of administrative support for the clinical grant administration, with primary emphasis in ensuring the adequate support to IM faculty/Research Teams while strategically outlining resources for the development of contract/grant proposal and the management of funding in accordance with extramural sponsors policies and guidelines. Key responsibilities include support feasibility assessment, budget development, compliance support, managing the day-to-day operations of the clinical research team, and facilitate close-out of award, providing fiscal management in support of research growth within the Department of Internal Medicine.
Serves as the administrative resource and liaison in support of the business aspects of the clinical research enterprise. Function encompasses activities related to the full life cycle of clinical research administration including budget development, support contract inquiries, and overall compliance with university policies, state and granting sponsoring agency. Support internal implementation of general principles of GAAP standards in sustaining financial compliance and consistency with grant rules over the life of the project, following institutional and sponsor guidelines. Engages in training of departmental staff and researchers in clinical research administration, and sponsor guidelines in accordance with unit standard operating procedures.
The successful candidate should have superior organizational skills, excellent leadership qualities, and be able to efficiently manage competing priorities. In addition, they will be able to operate with autonomy, evaluate and prioritize responsibilities and build strong relationships with stakeholders with oversight from Manager.
Job Duties Outlined:
- Manages and performs activities related to multiple areas of clinical research administration including, but not limited to pre-award (budget development) and post-award (financial oversight) activities for multiple cost centers within Internal Medicine.
- Ensures timely development and communication with CRC based on RedCap Clinical Research Start Up Form to develop standard budget template for contract negotiation including development of project via Huron MyAgreement electronic platform.
- Ensures to create all internal electronic files including the use of Planner, following standard naming convention, and shared drives to ensure cross communication across the various teams within IMRO.
- Supports clinical research coordinators to facilitate budget development and submission, contribute to non-technical components of clinical budget, process proposals/contracts, support contracts development, ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and terms and conditions.
- Supports CRC in obtaining quotes for services to be rendered in project from various cores across the organization.
- Utilizes central unit inbox to support the day-to-day cross institutional management of the clinical research and supports internal audit of Complion ebinder.
- Performs a variety of technical and skilled duties involved in meticulously developing clinical research projects in accordance with established KUMC polices, federal, state, and industry regulations.
- Provides financial oversight to support the PI/Research team in the account receivable and costing allocation of CRC within the Clinical Research Awards.
- Communicates with institutional structures for timely processing of deliverables – including reporting, financial review and close-out.
- Supports internal implementation of general principles of GAAP standards in sustaining financial compliance and consistency with contracts/agreements over the life of the project, following institutional and sponsor guidelines.
- Engages in multi-dimensional responsibilities in nature, typically include various cross-functional duties and responsibility across multiple units of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Acceptable Degree Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years related work experience OR an equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary education and work experience.
- Work Experience: Years of Experience in Work Field(s) 2 – 5 years related work experience OR an equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary education and work within academia or research administration.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; good judgment; analytical problem-solving ability; and ability to provide high quality service in a timely manner is required.
- Advanced understanding of statutes and guidelines relevant to regulatory affairs in clinical research
- Experience working in a University or large clinical academic institution
- Understanding of federal guidelines – Uniform Guidance, FAR Clauses, etc.
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Education: Preferred Degree(s) Master’s Degree (Finance, Business Administration, Management)
- Work Experience: 2-5 years’ experience in large clinical unit within academia or research administration
- Workday Systems, Adaptive, Complion, HURON and Master Excel
- Certified: CRA, CCRP, CPRA
- Cover Letter
Pay Rate Type: