If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
UHealth IT has an exciting opportunity for a BI Report Developer 2 (Business Applications). The BI Report Developer 2 partners with stakeholders and peer teams to deliver solutions for BI needs via reports, dashboards, SQL queries, and metadata layers. This position is regarded as a Subject Matter Expert in the areas of BI Reporting, Data Warehousing, and Data Modeling.
- Designs, develops and tunes dashboards and reports to meet business requirements.
- Works with ETL developers to determine report design strategies.
- Works with application analysts to identify and understand source data systems.
- Looks for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices for BI development.
- Works on security setup and maintenance, tool administration, and data modeling.
- Develops and implements application documentation and training materials.
- Maintains communication with management and users during development or maintenance cycle.
- Reviews, tests and evaluates reports, queries, dashboards and analytical tools developed by teammates prior to move to production.
- Develops and/or assists in the creation of project time estimates.
- Provides post implementation support of user questions and fine tuning of processes.
- Collects requirements and specifications to aid team leads in prioritization and resource allocation.
- Maintains communications with management and users during development or maintenance cycle.
- Coordinates users’ activities during application development and maintains data and system integrity.
- Provides supervision and leadership to staff, as appropriate.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing Workday Reports, 5 years preferred.
- High proficiency developing Basic Workday reports.
- Medium proficiency developing Advanced Workday reports.
- Medium proficiency developing Composite Workday reports.
- Medium proficiency developing Matrix Workday reports.
- Experience developing Human Resources, Finance, and Supply Chain reports preferred.
- Healthcare Experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Reporting Tools
- Exceptional presentation and analytical skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Works effectively as part of a team or independently
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida’s only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We’re the challenge you’ve been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza (“the flu”) season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.