If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The UHealth system at the University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst in the Radiation Oncology Department.
The Financial Analyst compiles and analyzes financial information for the assigned division(s)/department(s) in an efficient and accurate manner. Moreover, the incumbent assists management in the decision-making process and strategic planning by presenting relevant financial reports in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and evaluates daily operation and monthly reconciliation for Cancer Center account, MSOM accounts and Hospital accounts.
- Manage open encumbrances report in workday and help process invoices with Accounts payable and close POs for all accounts.
- Assist staff and faculty with Expense report in workday.
- Assist Sr. Financial Analyst with department daily operation.
- Reconcile monthly compensation posted in workday with budget using DOLFIN, Strata and Workday system.
- Reconcile monthly commitment accounts (MOUs).
- Assist with the recording of department stipend expense reimbursement.
- Assist with monthly P&L report for UMMG and MSOM
- Assist Finance Director when needed.
- Accrual monthly expense for future payout
- Create journals to transfer research expense to SCCC accounts
- Prepares and coordinates documentation of financial analysis projects such as budgets, forecasts, projections, expense performance, and presentations.
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings.
- Provides analytical support for forward-looking financial or business-related projects.
- Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of accounts.
- Designs and builds various models that summarize several different scenarios around growth and expansion initiatives or opportunities.
- Develops and maintains performance and productivity dashboards, models, or analyses.
- Collects, interprets, and analyzes relevant data or metrics.
- May develop and maintain reports to support plans, business decisions, operational changes, strategic plans, and new services. Resolves any reporting issues.
- Makes recommendations to align policies and procedures with best practices and capitalize on financial opportunities.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
Minimum Two years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.