Jackson, MS – Main Campus
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Corp Director Decision Support
Main Campus Jackson
Senior Analyst/ Developer – Finance – Decision Support
To maintain the Decision Support database (SQL) and associated upstream data sources within the data staging area. To develop and maintain ETL processes from various source systems. To provide reporting and analysis to finance business owners and other decision support end-users.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in mathematics, Computer Science, finance/accounting or related field and two (2) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Completion or enrollment into graduate school program with an emphasis on data science, analytics, statistics or some other quantitative field.
- Completion of professional analytics, data visualization or database certificates
- Knowledge of analytics tools and technologies (Python, Julia or other object-oriented programming languages specifically targeting data analytics, data engineering, machine learning, etc.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: NA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, formulas, etc.) required.
Ability to read, understand, and reverse-engineer large, complex SQL code. Experience with troubleshooting, debugging SQL queries, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL development and maintenance. Helpful to have an understanding of financial and/or accounting data to include knowledge of hospital and/or physician practice billing, coding, and reimbursement with knowledge of hospital and/or physician practice productivity preferred. Skills preferred in data visualization / analytics tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik as well as decision support tools such as EPSi or Strata Decision Technology. Knowledge preferred in Epic / Clarity data structures, Workday data and reports, and decision support tools such as EPSi, Strata, and Horizon.
- Responds to routine and/or ad hoc SQL data requests from members of the senior leadership team or middle management.
- Designs, develops, maintains and troubleshoots ETL processes and queries in support of financial/decision support data.
- Build SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) automated/scheduled reports for finance stakeholders throughout the institution.
- Collaborates with other team members to analyze requirements, design and implement solutions in support of finance and decision support.
- Supports the data needs for the hospital and physician practice productivity system, cost accounting system and financial product line analysis.
- Identifies new opportunities to satisfy business needs through automation, benchmarking and utilization of available technologies.
- Supports maintenance, deployment and utilization of analytic tools including the MHA Statewide Inpatient SQL database and other applications.
- Provides assistance and reporting to end-users using the decision support software.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Requires occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds, occasional driving, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, constant sitting, occasional standing, and occasional walking.
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date: