3401 Walnut Street
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job Profile Title
Staff Recruiter Senior
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Associate Director of Talent Acquisition for the Provost Centers, the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will handle all aspects of recruitment for the Provost Center, Provost Interdisciplinary Programs, Annenberg Center, CHAS, DRIA, ICA, Penn Global, University Museum, and Wellness. Duties will include meeting and collaborating with hiring managers to develop a firm understanding of the position requirements, initial and ongoing review of applicants, and proactively recruiting diverse, qualified candidates. The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will build candidate pipelines through targeted advertising, direct sourcing, employee referrals, and networking and recruitment events. Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will assist hiring managers with the entire recruitment process from application received to final offer. This role will be responsible for conducting first round interviews and phone screenings as requested. They will also establish relationships with other talent acquisition specialists and campus partners throughout the Provost Center and the University. Lastly, the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will answer questions on policies and benefits, assist in the writing and editing of job descriptions, manage background checks, and other duties as assigned.
- Partner with hiring managers to obtain a thorough understanding of responsibilities and qualifications of open positions as well as establish timelines and address any questions about the recruitment process
- Conduct initial resume review of applicant pools for all positions under the Provost
- Provide updates to Hiring Managers and Leadership regarding open positions
- Track and manage the diversity metrics and other relevant candidate data for every open position
- Research, source, and actively recruit diverse, qualified candidates for openings in a wide range of industries and verticals
- Develop a pipeline of candidates across a variety of functional areas and ensure candidates engaged throughout hiring process
- Provide strategic recruitment advice and assist in the hiring process which includes but not limited to: reviewing position requests for completeness and compliant posting; recommending interview strategies and techniques; post/close positions; assist applicant reviewers with database; assist hiring manager with search; review & refer applicants as needed
- Coordinate trainings, meetings, and presentations with the Recruiting Coordinator and Administrative Coordinator
- Develop and implement an onboarding process for new staff members for all areas under the Provost
- Track turnover, promotions, retirement, and all other potential vacancies in order to proactively recruit candidates for future openings
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years to 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong attention to detail and customer service experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish timelines and meet deadlines
- Previous recruiting experience; agency, retained, or contingency search firms strongly preferred
- Knowledge of HR-related federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred
- Previous experience in higher education strongly preferred
- PHR certification
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Budgeted Pay Range:
Up to $70K commensurate with education and experience
Job Location – City, State
Department / School
$42,953.00 – $65,861.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Tuition: Take advantage of Penn’s exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you’ll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay