Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
The USC Office of the Provost (“Office”) provides oversight, coordination, budgeting, strategic planning and review of the Office’s administrative units and initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to: Student Affairs, Academic and Faculty Affairs, Office of Research, USC Libraries and USC Museums. In keeping with the university mission, our Provost maintains an academic community of broad disciplines that fosters intellectual inquiry, reflection, and innovation.
USC Provost Shared Services is seeking a detailed-oriented professional to join its team as an Accounting Technician. The Accounting Technician will perform a variety of accounting duties (i.e. processes, reconciles, monitors and other accounting activity) for the Office of the Provost and/or any other division as assigned.
- Sets up and maintains purchase orders, blanket requisitions, reports and/or other documentation for departmental or university accounts. Assists with month-end and year-end closings, as needed
- Prepares and submits accounting documents for processing. Determines appropriate fund allocations and secures proper approvals
- Enters data from various source documents into accounting systems. Reviews source data for completeness and accuracy prior to input. Ensures compliance with internal policies and external regulations and restrictions. Rejects and returns documentation as appropriate
- Monitors outstanding or suspense items. Researches documents and follows-up to clear or adjust items
- Records and reconciles income and expenses. Monitors actual performance to budget and prepares reports
- Confers with faculty, staff, students, researches or external contacts to provide information and/or resolve problems relating to financial transactions. Provides technical support for accounting issues
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
- Bachelors Degree (Accounting or Business preferred)
- 2 years of directly related accounting experience
- Experience with Workday Financials
- Intermediate Level of Skill in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience in dealing with varying levels of clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing and prioritizing multiple projects and perform well under pressure
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
The hourly rate range for this position is $22.82-$24.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Associate’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Related bookkeeping/accounting experience. Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting practices and principles. Ability to use a variety of bookkeeping/accounting software applications such as databases, spreadsheets, etc, as required.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: