Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
USC MARSHALL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION
The Management and Organization (MOR) Department at the Marshall School of Business is focused on teaching and research in an interdisciplinary format in the fields of Organizational Behavior, Strategy, and Organizational Theory. Our 33 full time and 10 part time faculty have a variety of backgrounds, including psychology, sociology, economics, and general management/strategy. We are a collaborative and inclusive group of scholars. MOR is looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant II to join the team. The successful candidate will oversee the primary day-to-day operational functions of the front office and be the primary administrative support to faculty.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials
· Provides support and coordination for all front-office related tasks: fields phone calls, greets guests, manages departmental Outlook calendar, tracks responses/data/event RSVP’s, etc
· Maintains departmental database and related records
· Maintains and serves as a resource to faculty on departmental and university procedures
· Manages special projects as requested by supervisor and/or department chair
· Coordinates and provides support for department meetings, conferences, seminars, and special events
· Arranges with vendors for sites, facilities and catering
· Supports new faculty with onboarding
· Trains and supports faculty with Blackboard, Sharepoint and individual webpages
· Manages departmental website updates
· Must possess technical ability to learn how to operate audio-visual equipment and setup conference calls
· Recruits, hires, trains, and oversees student workers
· 3+ years administrative assistant experience supporting multiple personnel
· Experience in a higher education environment, preferably in the area of business
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
· Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Qualtrics, and Adobe
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail required
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills: Position requires regular interaction with departmental staff, faculty members, and students
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Workday
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$25.11 – $31.70 /hr ($48,964.50 – $61,815.00 annualized)
Required Documents and Additional Information
Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
USC is requiring all students, faculty and staff to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination and flu vaccination in order to access campus facilities for the fall semester. There is exemption process available for medical and religious reasons. Your safety is our top priority.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions*; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
* University employer contributions may be subject to change due to financial impact of COVID-19
Why join the USC Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country’s top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical and administrative experience
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: