Los Angeles, CA – Health Sciences Campus
The Division of Nephrology and Hypertension is seeking an Administrative Assistant I to join its team at Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California.
The Administrative Assistant position for the Division of Nephrology is a full-time, professional staff member who plays an integral role in the day-to-day functions of the office. The Administrative Assistant will participate in a range of office and divisional priorities as well as providing direct administrative support to the Chief of the Division.
- Provide a high level of administrative support to the Chief and Nephrology & Hypertension faculty.
- Manages multiple calendars and schedules complex meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates and assists with division functions, as assigned, such as seminars, interview presentations, etc. Arranges with vendors for catering and logistics for sites/facilities and any equipment needed.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Ability to set priorities and organize time to see projects through to successful completion.
- Assist in maintaining faculty’s credentialing which may include compiling materials for applications and/or renewals of clinician licensure, credentialing, privileging, and insurance coverage; ensuring timely submissions; routing credentialing paperwork; updating physician and clinical staff documentation; maintaining databases and generating reports; and sorting credentialing related amil, faxes and emails.
- Create, route and process written and verbal correspondence while exercising a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Assist in preparing research grant projects, budgets and documents and assist in maintaining post award grants.
- Record and maintains minutes for various meeting.
- Provides support for education support with various events, meetings, and generating spreadsheets, presentation.
- Arranges with vendors for services, preparing agenda, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials.
- Provides general office support which may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, processing reimbursement expense reports, and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Sets up new faculty, staff, Graduate Research Assistants, Visiting Research Assistants, student workers, other visitors and volunteers with office space, paperwork, access cards, parking, keys, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. Must submit resume and cover letter.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree or combined experiences/education as substitute for minimum education.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, Dropbox and Google Docs
- Experience with travel arrangements
- Working knowledge of Workday, Concur, SharePoint and other university systems is ideal
- Experience in an academic setting or research institute
Preferred Field of Expertise: Clerical and administrative experience
Percentage of Time: 100%
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Secretarial or specialized clerical, including some administrative experience
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: