Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
The USC Dornsife Business Office provides centralized financial management and business support for over 95 academic and administrative units. Dornsife College is the largest academic fiscal unit on the University Park campus and the Business Office is responsible for thousands of accounts encompassing unrestricted, gift, endowment, agency, and sponsored research funds. USC Dornsife Business Services provide Budget/Finance, Accounts Payable, Research, Accounting/Reconciliation support to administrators, faculty, staff, and student employees within the Dornsife College.
The Budget/Business Technicians are a collaborative, team-oriented group that strive to provide excellent customer service to departments. They work to maintain the team objective of ensuring reimbursements, internal requisitions and cash advances are processed in a timely manner. The team is responsible for a high volume of transactions and requests therefore the attention to detail and ability to multi-task is essential.
This is a fixed-term position for one year.
Compensation Range: $24 per hour
- Assists in the set-up, maintenance and monitoring of department accounts. Assigns account numbers for routine business transactions. Prepares, processes and/or reviews paperwork, e.g., department orders and check requests, requisitions and other budget and business forms. Prepares and processes travel advances and reimbursements for faculty, staff, students and special vendors.
- Inputs financial data to ledgers or departmental accounting systems. Reconciles internal records to university financial system ASR’s. Distributes ASR’s. Researches problems and corrects errors or brings to the attention of the supervisor for further consideration.
- Deposits tuition and gift income to appropriate accounts. Processes gift receipts.
- Monitors and/or controls expenditures for intercampus and external vendors. Reconciles vendor statements and pays invoices. Interfaces with purchasing, external vendors and accounts payable to verify prices and resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles monthly credit card transactions using Workday financial ledgers and reallocate credit card revenue into appropriate department accounts, cost centers and ledgers.
- Train departments on Concur Expense for proper credit card reconciliation procedures and reimbursement submissions, as well as, how to use Workday for Supplier Invoice Requests and Internal Requisitions.
- Interacts with university financial offices to exchange information and resolve problems.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred field of expertise: College coursework in business administration, accounting or related field and 1-2 years of directly related work experience.
Required Documents and Additional Information:
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts on sporting, recreation, art venues, and other campus events.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related office financial experience to provide a knowledge of accounts payable, income and expense accounting and reconcilement, and budget preparation
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: