Los Angeles, CA – Health Sciences Campus
The Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences is seeking a Clinical Office Coordinator to join our team. The clinical office coordinator will provide specialized professional support to the administration of our psychiatry services at LAC+USC Medical Center through provider scheduling, credentialing, onboarding, and data reconciliation. S/he/they must be a team player able to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Good organizational skills and attention to detail are essential. Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Job responsibilities include:
- Assists with the building and management of attending schedules, including LAC+USC Psychiatric Emergency, Inpatient, Consultation-Liaison, Forensic, Outpatient, and Child & Adolescent services internally and on Amion/Qgenda. Reconciles and analyzes attending schedule data.
- Coordinates with relevant LAC+USC (e.g., Attending Staff office, HR, employee health) and KSOM offices to onboard new faculty and staff, ensuring licensure and credentials are current and required training is complete.
- Interfaces with faculty attendings and/or staff and external contacts necessary to reconcile schedules, coordinate onboarding and training activities, complete project assignments, or for information exchange.
- Assists with time off reporting for faculty.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of faculty overload requests.
- Researches and summarizes data for project reports, presentations, and activities.
- Participates in the development and implementation of program policies, procedures, and processes.
- Creates project plans; tracks and documents project status; prepares project status reports; disseminates results.
- Resolves problems or questions referred by project staff or administrators.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of assigned projects.
- Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior administrative experience, ideally 3 years or more
- 2 years combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must be highly detail-oriented with strong writing and mathematical skills
- Work effectively on multiple projects, set priorities, and maintain schedules
- Willing to follow safety protocols related to COVID-19 (i.e., wearing a mask)
- Receptive to constructive feedback from supervisors
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive), Zoom, and Google Drive
- Working knowledge of Workday, Sharepoint, and other systems and applications, such as Adobe, Cerner, PnC, AMION/Qgenda, and Qualtrics, is ideal
- Experience working with diverse populations
- California resident, or willing to relocate
A strong candidate will have excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills; be dependable, adaptable and flexible, motivated, a self-starter; able to work both independently and with a team; take initiative; and troubleshoot crises in a fast paced and high-volume work environment with deadline pressures.
This is a staff position in the Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt (hourly), and a one-year fixed-term. Salary is competitive, and contingent on experience. A generous benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid time off, retirement benefits.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. Some on-site presence will be required; the blend of in-person and remote work will be determined through mutual agreement at the point of candidate offer.
Candidates must be willing to comply with all department, university, city, county, and state COVID-19 requirements. Information about USC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Policy can be found here: https://policy.usc.edu/covid-19-vaccination-program/ to review USC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Required Application Materials and Additional Information
· Cover letter describing interest and fit with above required and preferred qualifications
· 4 references
· Please do not submit your application without these documents.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
The University of Southern California is one of the world’s leading private research universities with approximately 48,500 students from all 50 states and boasts one of the largest international student bodies in the country. USC is located in the heart of Los Angeles, a culturally rich metropolitan city, and is close to both beach and mountains with wonderful outdoor recreation opportunities. The mild temperatures along with the city’s average of 329 days of sun per year makes Los Angeles a wonderful city to live and work.
USC strongly values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. All genders, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, veterans, bicultural/multicultural and bilingual/multilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s degree; Combined experience/education as substitute form minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Two years’ experience in an office setting. Experience with billing and compliance. Familiarity with clinical operations. Proven ability to practice discretion with confidential information. Research skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: