Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
The Computer Science Department in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering seeks an outstanding candidate to join our staff as Co-Payroll Coordinator. This position reports directly to the department business manager, and will partner with the current payroll coordinator to provide payroll support for a large and dynamic academic unit.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- In partnership with payroll co-coordinator, manage all departmental payroll processes
- Manage the hiring process for all domestic and international student worker new hires, both bi-weekly and monthly, including I-9 verifications and re-verifications
- Support the Research Administration division with a variety of payroll needs: submit pay instructions and manage new hires, post-doc appointments, resource employee requests, and termination packets
- Manage all communications pertaining to payroll, including promptly responding to student and faculty concerns, and liaising with the Viterbi Payroll office to ensure compliance with regulatory and university policies
- Maintain confidentiality on sensitive documents and all personal information
- Assist faculty and staff on special projects as assigned
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Experience: 3 years of administrative experience at a university or research institute. Experience with Workday. Experience working in diverse workplace and/or with an international community. Experience with payroll management for international Student Workers.
Preferred Skills: Ability to meet and manage deadlines; work independently and well under pressure. Strong organization and prioritization skills; demonstrated commitment to kind and patient customer service.
Required Applicant Documents
Resume/CV Cover Letter
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: