Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
Departmental Contracts and Grants Coordinator (Resource Employee)
USC Marshall School of Business
USC Marshall Sponsored Research Office
The USC Marshall Sponsored Research Office is looking to hire a 6 month, part-time Departmental Contracts and Grants Coordinator (non-benefits eligible).
The new position responsibilities will include pre-award and post-award for the Marshall School of Business and Leventhal School of Accounting. The Administrator will interact with the Department of Contracts and Grants (DCG), Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA), and other University offices to facilitate the exchange of information and provide services associated with pre and post-ward administration of sponsored projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to create ad hoc Excel spreadsheets to track staffing and reconcile grants
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing priorities and fluctuating workloads
· Experience in a higher education environment, preferably in the area of business
- Familiarity with grants.gov and research.gov pre- and post-award submission portals
- Familiarity with NSF and NIH proposal formats and submission requirements
- Familiarity with NSF and NIH post-award grant policies and procedures
- Familiarity with USC pre-award submission procedures and post-award expensing procedures
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Pre-award and Post-award concepts
· Proficient skills in Workday Financials for grant reporting and reconciliations
· Experience interacting and communicating with faculty
· Ability to manage sponsored projects
Required Documents and Additional Information
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC is requiring all students, faculty and staff to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination and flu vaccination in order to access campus facilities for the fall semester. There is exemption process available for medical and religious reasons. Your safety is our top priority.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions*; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
- The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
* University employer contributions may be subject to change due to financial impact of COVID-19
Why join the USC Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country’s top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: Related Undergraduate Study
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 Years
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Contracts and Grants Administration experience or administrative support experience
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: