Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
Front Office Coordinator
USC Marshall School of Business
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Dean
The USC Marshall School of Business is seeking to recruit a dynamic Front Office Coordinator to support the daily operations in the Office of the Dean. The Front Office Coordinator will provide administrative and calendar support to the Chief of Staff and serve as a back-up for the Executive Assistant on duties related to the Dean’s calendar.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, this position will provide a range of services within the Dean’s Office, including acting as receptionist to greet visitors, scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events, answering telephones, making travel arrangements, collecting travel receipts, producing expense reports, and facilitating travel reimbursements, among other tasks/duties. The Front Office Coordinator will work closely with the Dean’s Office staff and interact regularly with other Marshall academic and administrative units. This position is part of a team that supports a wide array of stakeholders and provides a broad range of administrative and project functions that may vary in complexity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- First point of contact for visitors to the Dean’s Suite
- Answer and filter all phone calls for the Dean’s office main line
- Handle and process all office mail: USPS, FedEx, UPS etc
- Establish supply ordering process and procedure
- Maintain office supplies’ inventory
- Create IT tickets for any AV support needs
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and purchases
- Make and confirm restaurant and parking reservations for on and off-campus meetings
- Orders office and kitchen/pantry supplies
- Order business cards, name badges and stationery
- Maintain office expense tracking
- Reconcile accounts and office pro-cards/travel cards
- Prepare and submit monthly expense report for travel and pro-cards
- Calendaring and administrative duties: Assist the Chief of Staff and serves as a back up to the Executive Assistant for the Dean’s calendar and meeting preparation.
- Events duties: Assists the Senior Events Coordinator in event preparation and staffing
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, Dropbox and DocuSign
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in all communications; conducts daily activities with utmost professionalism
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities for immediate and long-term objectives
- Demonstrates attention to detail with precision required in all written communications
- Able to quickly find accurate information from university and outside sources
- Working knowledge of Workday Financial System, Concur, SharePoint, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and other university systems is ideal
- Event staffing experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Three+ years of experience in a higher education setting is ideal
Required Documents and Additional Information
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC is requiring all students, faculty and staff to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination and flu vaccination in order to access campus facilities for the fall semester. There is exemption process available for medical and religious reasons. Your safety is our top priority.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions*; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
- The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
* University employer contributions may be subject to change due to financial impact of COVID-19
Why join the USC Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country’s top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies.
USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace.
For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical, including some administrative experience.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: