Los Angeles, CA – Health Sciences Campus
The USC Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute and Laboratory of Neuro Imaging (INI, www.ini.usc.edu) are world leaders in the development of advanced computational and scientific approaches for the comprehensive mapping of brain structure and function. LONI’s unique multidisciplinary environment and cutting edge resources allow for integration of clinical, psychological and genotypic information with neuroimaging phenotypes for research questions in neurology, psychiatry and developmental neurobiology.
USC Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute is seeking a HD Payroll/Personnel Coordinator I to join its team. The HD Payroll/Personnel Coordinator I interacts with faculty, staff and students to facilitate the exchange of information and to assist in resolving payroll or personnel matters.
- Assist with recruiting of staff and students (includes meeting with faculty regarding job specifications/expectations, opening/posting jobs on Workday, contact candidates for interviews, schedule and attend meetings with review committees).
- Coordinate the hiring and employment process (includes candidate screening, hiring, new employee set-up and payroll).
- Assist with meeting with new hires and employees regarding paperwork completion and file preparation.
- Conduct onboarding and off boarding procedures.
- Serve as the liaison between the department and central payroll/personnel offices.
- Prepare and submit applications for new visas and visa renewals.
- Assist with yearly personnel budgeting in Beacon.
- Prepare and complete research assistants’ and teaching assistants’ paperwork by semester.
- Produce reports to show statistics of numbers and trends (personnel reports, budget review).
- Prepare and complete faculty promotion dossiers.
- Attend and plan various recruitment events for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Workday (submitting job requisitions for new hires, update costing allocations and time tracking for employees)
- Experience with Student Information System (SIS) (financial aid processing)
- A strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and verbal and written skills
- Superior ability to multi-task, organize, maintain records and manage time effectively
The hourly rate range for this position is $26.71 – $33.88. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Ability to establish and maintain accurate payroll and personnel records.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: