Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
The University of Southern California (USC) – Information Technology Services (ITS) team is seeking an experienced and dynamic technical IT/InfoSec Recruiter to join our University Human Resources department.
The University of Southern California (USC) is one of the world’s leading private research universities. A global center for arts, technology, and international business, USC is also the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles.
This is an 18 month-term position. Please note that this full-time role is eligible for all benefits/perks offered by USC to its employees, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision plans, generous retirement contribution, tuition assistance, paid sick/vacation/holidays, etc.
The Work You Will Do
The IT/InfoSec Recruiter provides end-to-end recruiting cycle support for a wide range of university functions. Responsible for developing strong relationships with hiring managers and university leaders to recruit top talent. Advocates for candidates to ensure fair and equitable talent management delivery. Develops reports tracking and communicating progress of recruiting efforts. Champions the university’s vision, culture and values.
The IT/InfoSec Recruiter:
- Provides full cycle recruiting support for Information / IT positions (may also provide support of other types of roles). Serves as a talent acquisition consultant to varied hiring managers. Tracks, maintains and reports on recruiting metrics. Frequently and proactively communicates progress on the recruiting lifecycle to recruiting leaders and hiring managers. Demonstrates empathy with candidates and promotes the university brand to recruit top talent.
- Develops strong relationships with hiring managers and senior university leaders to better understand the requirements of open positions and desired candidates. Effectively develops and executes recruitment strategies, including sourcing prospects and managing recruiting pipeline based on changing resource needs and organizational and university priorities.
- Advocates for candidates throughout the recruiting process, ensuring a fair and equitable process free from bias. Recommends long-term strategies to improve and diversify the overall talent pool. Collects feedback from hiring managers and candidates, and continuously improves the recruiting lifecycle and experience for all customers.
- Seeks out, learns and quickly adopts leading industry best practices in talent acquisition. Urgently completes tasks. Participates in special projects to continuously improve talent acquisition performance and talent management. Reviews and analyzes recruiting effort performance metrics. Advises hiring managers on candidate selections based on objective interactions and experiences with successful hires.
- Ensures consistency and quality of materials communicated. Demonstrates alignment to strategic plans and priorities of the organization and university through words, actions and ideas. Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
All candidates for the position of IT/InfoSec Recruiter must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; however, combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Five years’ experience in human resources, talent acquisition, sourcing and/or recruitment
- Proven track record of sourcing, engaging and recruiting top talent; must have verifiable and substantial experience in successfully recruiting for Information Security and/or IT professionals
- Proven knowledge of labor markets, recruiting practices and effective social media recruitment tools.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and frequent interruptions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with demonstrated ability to positively interact with candidates, hiring managers, and senior leaders, and understand the needs of all
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential information
- Exceptional analytical and collaboration skills, able to think strategically and creatively independently and as part of a team
- Ability to contribute to concurrent projects, working proactively, prioritizing competing assignments, and effectively managing workloads effectively
- Microsoft Office proficiency, and experience with HR / Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) / Talent Acquisition /Sourcing software/applications (e.g., Workday Recruiting, LinkedIn Recruiter, and/or other similar sourcing tools/software/ATS’)
The ideal candidates for the position of IT/InfoSec Recruiter have the following qualifications:
- Seven years of recruiting experience, including recruiting for Technical/IT -related roles
- Master’s degree in business, psychology, human resources, communications, or other related fields
- Experience in higher education, recruiting staff
- Experience with Workday
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CIR, CDR, CIPD, CPLP, CPTD, SHRM, SPHR)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to establish strong, positive working relationships and rapport with diverse groups of team members
- Experience championing diversity and inclusion initiatives and strategies (e.g., training, change management)
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply local, state and federal policies and procedures relating to HR and higher education
- Experience championing employer brands. Ability to independently make sound decisions with minimal supervision
USC’s ITS organization represents a diverse and talented team, committed to supporting a collaborative culture and delivering secure and innovative IT services, core to the mission of USC. ITS values accountability, excellence, and commitment to exceptional customer experience. ITS strives for a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages employees to do their best work every day and where individuals are recognized and celebrated for their contributions.
The ITS vision aligns strategy, business, and services; affirms ITS cultural values; empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, ITS is committed to providing a modern technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base, training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce, outstanding customer experience, and technology services that are aligned with the university’s mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. ITS is creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align to their abilities and potential.
We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.
Provides end-to-end recruiting cycle support for a wide range of university functions. Responsible for developing strong relationships with hiring managers and university leaders to recruit top talent. Advocates for candidates to ensure fair and equitable talent management delivery. Develops reports tracking and communicating progress of recruiting efforts. Champions the university’s vision, culture and values.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: