Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
Onboarding Administrative Coordinator (Welcome Center)
If you enjoy interacting with a dynamic group of people, embrace challenge, and have a positive and team-oriented Fight On spirit, do not miss this exciting career opportunity!
The Dornsife Business Office at the Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences is seeking an Onboarding Administrative Coordinator. In this role, you will have an opportunity to deliver top-notch customer service to the college’s faculty, staff and students through our Welcome Center as you support the hiring process for both domestic and international hires.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION pertinent to this specific position:
- This position is full-time, non-exempt / 37.5 hours per week.
- Required work hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
- This is not a remote work position. This position requires you to work on-campus at the University Park Campus in Los Angeles, CA.
- Salary range: $22 – $25 per hour – DOE
- This role responds to a variety of in-person customer inquiries and concerns at our front counter, incoming customer telephone calls, emails and other inquiries. As an Onboarding Administrative Coordinator, you will be facilitating the onboarding process for Dornsife Faculty, Staff, Postdoctoral and Student hires.
- Main duties include completion of form I-9, assisting with international work authorization paperwork within our Glacier system, validation of entries into Workday system of record; will also work closely with HR/Payroll analysts and other pertinent business office units as applicable.
- Ability to review documents for accuracy and completeness is essential.
- Additional duties include limited support of administrative tasks; such as, ordering supplies, maintaining outlook calendar for conference room, maintenance/service requests, general office support as needed.
This candidate should have at least one (1) year of high-volume payroll experience, preferably with a related educational background. The right candidate thrives in a diverse, high-volume and fast-paced environment and possesses creative and analytical problem-solving skills. Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are essential. Knowledge of and experience in Workday software as well as an academic environment is preferred but not required.
Required Documents and Additional Information:
Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Skilled in payroll or personnel processing with knowledge of applicable regulations
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: