Los Angeles, CA – University Park Campus
The University of Southern California (USC) has established a Workday Financials deployment program covering our academic enterprise as well as our hospitals. This program is critical to USC’s overall goals to improve administrative efficiency. Workday Financials will be paired with the existing Workday HR and Payroll solutions implemented in 2013.
We are currently seeing a Program Testing Analyst to join our Workday Financials deployment program team. The Testing Analyst will be responsible for building and managing the testing schedule, test tracking software, issue resolution, and developing testing progress matrices for all Workday Financials testing efforts. They will also be working with the Testing Lead and other work-stream leads to ensure all aspects of configuration, integration, and data conversion are included in testing.
The ideal candidate must possess 2 years with testing and business analysis. Strong knowledge and understanding of test plans for manual and automated testing, reviewing requirements and solution designs, and providing test coverage and status reports, defect reports, and trends is also required. Experience with Workday is preferred.
ITS is committed to providing information technology services and support to the university. ITS provides essential, university-wide services such as:
- Enterprise information systems
- University wired and wireless networks
- Educational Technology
- Research Computing
- IT Security
These are fixed-term position with an anticipated end date of July 31, 2021 Please note that these are full-time role eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Testing Lead and other work-stream leads to ensure all aspects of configuration, integration, and data conversion are included in testing
- Build and manage the testing schedule, test tracking software, issue resolution, and develop testing progress matrices for all Workday Financials testing efforts
- Help prepare for and facilitate individual testing sessions involving project stakeholders
- Meet with customer groups to determine IT business requirements
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Provide information to developers and subject matter experts for the establishment of the technical vision and performance needs
- Participate in project meetings to review project deliverables and timelines.
- Work with quality assurance personnel to ensure product adequately meets all functional needs defined in scope of project
- Participate in testing developed software or new process flow
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
The Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organization development, communication or related discipline
- 2 years of experience with testing
- 2 years of business analysis experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of test plans for manual and automated testing, reviewing requirements and solution designs, and providing test coverage and status reports, defect reports, and trends
- Knowledge of Agile teams, user acceptance testing (UAT) sessions, and designing and writing automated test scripts in C# programming language
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, interact with multiple stakeholders and navigate changing priorities.
- Ability to work on moderately complex programming activities under supervision of senior IT Business Analyst
The Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Workday Financials
- ISEB System Testing Foundation Certification
- Experience writing and executing manual test cases for custom web applications, web services and service-oriented architecture (SOA), and enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Relevant experience in software and/or at a software-as-a-service (SAAS) company
- Experience within the Higher Education and/or Health Care industry
USC benefits include a choice of retirement programs, 12 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid sick days per year, university holidays, a choice of medical and dental plans, and discounts to football games, basketball games, and other campus events.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Sound knowledge of documentation procedures, project management methodologies,
program flow charts and operator instructions. Competent to work on moderately complex
programming activities under supervision of senior IT Business Analyst.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: