If you are a current University of Tampa student, please search for and apply to student jobs here via Workday. Job applications for current students will not be considered if submitted through the external career center.
The Office of Human Resources at The University of Tampa has an opening for a Business Analyst, HRIS to provide timely and accurate generation and maintenance of data in Workday, which is utilized for our applicant, employee and student life cycles. Additional duties include reporting, auditing, testing and documentation related to Workday. This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
1. Configuration (regular maintenance) – Determine security access by user; Business Process changes/improvements; determine reporting requirements based on user requirements; identify specifications for new integrations.
• Business Processes
• Reporting (Create/Schedule)
• Pay Components
• Posting Rules
2. Troubleshooting/Support – How to correct issues related to access, self-service, and other transactions and decide when to escalate issues to Workday.
• Employee Self-Service
• Payroll, Benefit, Time Tracking, and HCM Transactions
• Escalation of issues to Workday Customer Support
3. Provide Information – Determine user access to requested information.
• Reporting (run)
4. Audit/Data Integrity
• Maintain scheduled daily, weekly, monthly audit reports
• Create new audit reports and schedule
• Biannual Workday updates
• New features, business processes
• Create desktop procedures as new processes develop
6. Process Improvement
• Continual evaluation of existing HR processes to identify needs and recommend enhancements or improvements
• Brainstorm – within HR and outside of HR
• May lead implementation and configuration changes
7. All members of the team assist each other in the delivery of HR services and serve as a back-up for each functional area
8. Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. 3-5 years of HRIS experience
3. Experience in recruitment/selection, employee relations, compensation and benefits
4. Workday and project management experience preferred
5. Payroll experience a plus
6. Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the institution and receive and relay information in a tactful manner
7. Daily interaction providing outstanding leadership and support for a multi-functional HR team
8. Self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities
9. Ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action
10. Superior written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization
11. Report writing and query skills
12. Strong quantitative skills and the ability to think critically
13. Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
14. Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office
15. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
1. Cover letter
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
Summer: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.