If you are a current University of Tampa student, please search for and apply to student jobs here via Workday. Job applications for current students will not be considered if submitted through the external career center.
The University of Tampa is seeking a professional for the role of Payroll Accounting Clerk II to support the Office of Financial Management. The Office of Financial Management is responsible for general ledger accounting, accounts payable, payroll, tax and financial regulatory compliance, internal accounting controls, and financial reporting. The Payroll Accounting Clerk II role supports the payroll department. This position reports to the Payroll Supervisor.
• Assist with the full-cycle processing of the semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls.
• Review new hires, terminations and employee changes.
• Audit hourly time cards utilizing an electronic time and attendance software (Workday).
• Verify calculation of wages and deductions. Correct any errors to ensure the accuracy of earnings.
• Print and distribute employee semi-monthly and bi-weekly pay checks
• Research, analyze payroll-related issues or questions from student employees; staff; faculty; supervisors and managers.
• Ensure positive, responsible and courteous services are provided to all internal and external customers including faculty, staff and students.
• Process payments to third party vendors (garnishments).
• Contribute ideas to continually improve systems and processes.
• Involved with testing of the semi-annual Workday software update changes and enhancements in regards to payroll.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
• High School diploma or equivalent required; four-year degree preferred.
• 1-2 years of Payroll processing experience preferred.
• FPC or CPP a plus.
• Organizational skills to include attention to detail.
• Problem solving ability.
• High productivity and dependability.
• Excellent written and oral skills, as well as the ability to establish priorities and manage time wisely.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation to work with a wide range of faculty, staff and students.
• Previous Workday (or other HCM) experience preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office, Word and Excel required.
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office. Proficiency with MS Office, Word and Excel required.
• Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application. Though the attachment box is labeled as “CV/Resume”, more than one attachment may be uploaded.
1. Cover letter
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 a.m.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.