If you are a current University of Tampa student, please search for and apply to student jobs here via Workday. Job applications for current students will not be considered if submitted through the external career center.
Residence Life at The University of Tampa has a position available for a Staff Assistant II. This position reports to the Senior Associate Director of Housing Administration. As a member of the Office of Student Affairs, this position will uphold the values of diversity and inclusion, collaboration, personal responsibility, professionalism and community and citizenship. The work of this position will intentionally align with strategic priorities to advance the mission and vision of student affairs which results in student learning and support for students to grow as global citizens.
This position is designated as an essential employee and may be required to report to work as scheduled when University offices are closed due to severe weather or other conditions.
1. Assist the Senior Associate Director of Housing Administration with administrative tasks.
2. Recruit, hire, and train student staff for the Office of Residence Life.
3. Answer the phones and manage walk-in traffic by answering housing inquiries and referring students, parents, and colleagues to the appropriate person when necessary.
4. Continually train and supervise the student staff in updating office bulletin boards, filing, responding to emails and phone calls, and assuring student staff are working on projects distributed by the professional staff.
5. Assist the Associate Directors in issuing keys and processing room reservations.
6. Oversee the early student arrival and late stay processes per term.
7. Assist in planning residential opening and closing procedures.
8. Responsible for maintaining inventory and purchasing office supplies and forms. Schedule repair of office equipment for the Office of Residence Life.
9. Responsible for maintaining all forms, procedures, and policies in the Office Assistant manual.
10. On a regular basis answer office email, voice mails, and distribute mail.
11. Process invoices and purchase approvals for Residence Life professional staff.
12. Manage administrative tasks related to staff onboarding, including business card and nametag ordering and processing Workday tasks.
13. Train professional staff on Workday system to manage purchasing, student staff hiring, and work hour approval.
14. Maintain a working environment that is clean and friendly for colleagues, students, parents, and other university visitors.
15. Learn and utilize Residence by Symplicity software to assist the Senior Associate Director of Housing Administration in managing new student assignments, room changes, and consolidation procedures.
16. Have a working knowledge of the university’s database and software applications.
17. Maintain adequate coverage for the office during university working hours.
18. Actively participate in professional staff meetings to stay informed and subsequently train student staff.
19. Schedule appointments for the professional staff when necessary.
20. Other duties as assigned.
21. Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
1. High school diploma required, and some college preferred.
2. Ability to work on several different projects simultaneously.
3. Excellent people skills and organizational ability.
4. Proficiency with computers is required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Workday, Zoom, Calendly, Eventbrite, PowerPoint).
5. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
1. Cover letter
$18.47 per hour
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.