Job Posting Title:
Integration Developer/Technical Business Analyst
Enterprise Business Information Technology Solutions
Position Open To:
Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Earliest Start Date:
Expected to Continue
Flexible work arrangements and telework are available for this position.
Enterprise Business IT Solutions (eBITS) manages systems and provides IT support services related to financials, accounting, human capital management, purchasing and procurement, and other central business services.
In eBITS, we believe in fostering a culture of community, authenticity, and excellence. We achieve this through a commitment to a common set of expectations defined as The Workplace We Want. We strive to maximize diversity and inclusivity in our workforce and daily operations to align with the University’s commitment to respecting all individuals and valuing each perspective experience. We seek out alternative viewpoints and respect the perspectives and experiences of individuals.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing, full-time basis for any employer without sponsorship.
The University of Texas at Austin provides an outstanding benefits package. Those benefits include:
- Competitive health benefits (Employee premiums covered at 100%, family premiums at 50%)
- Vision, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance options
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Teachers Retirement System of Texas (a defined benefit retirement plan)
- Additional Voluntary Retirement Programs: Tax Sheltered Annuity 403(b) and a Deferred Compensation program 457(b)
- Flexible spending account options for medical and childcare expenses
- Training and conference opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Athletic ticket discounts
- Access to UT Austin's libraries and museums
- Free rides on all UT Shuttle and Capital metro buses with staff ID card
For more details, please see: https://hr.utexas.edu/prospective/benefits and https://hr.utexas.edu/current/services/my-total-rewards
Work with Enterprise Business Information Technology Solutions (eBITS) teams and campus units to assist with identifying, designing, building, testing, and deploying new and existing software solutions with an initial emphasis on Workday reports and integrations; analyze current and future business processes; responsible for interpreting technical details to both functional experts and developers; document best practices.
- Responsible for working with other eBITS teams and campus units to identify and gather requirements for new and existing software solutions.
- Responsible for building new and existing software solutions.
- Responsible for helping to develop and execute a test plan for software solutions.
- Support eBITS clients in analyzing current and future business processes. Present those needs and requirements to functional and technical staff.
- Document best practices, university procedures, and develop standards for software solutions.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with functional and technical staff.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Training and experience in a business analyst or systems analyst role, typically achieved through a bachelor’s degree and more than one year of relevant experience working with software systems.
- Experience in some aspect of delivering successful projects that span units.
- Ability to work across organizational units to achieve goals.
- Ability to estimate and establish milestones on a project.
- Experience documenting and testing complex technical processes.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Ability to understand and write code.
- Exceptional analytical, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Self-managed, detail-oriented, and highly motivated with a strong drive for delivering high quality results.
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree with more than three years of experience performing the work of a business or systems analyst for administrative systems.
- Experience with Workday or other HR systems and processes.
- Experience with using and integrating web services and XSLT.
- Experience with SQL, Python, and/or Natural/ADABAS.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience working with a variety of groups and organizational levels.
- Experience with UT Austin administrative systems.
- Experience with business process modeling.
$63,000 + depending on qualifications
- May work around standard office conditions.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Important for Current university employees and contingent workers: As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.
The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university’s company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
- E-Verify Poster (English) [PDF]
- E-Verify Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (English) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
Employees may be required to report violations of law under Title IX and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). If this position is identified a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified and provided resources for reporting. Responsible employees under Title IX are defined and outlined in HOP-3031.
The Clery Act requires all prospective employees be notified of the availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety report. You may access the most recent report here or obtain a copy at University Compliance Services, 1616 Guadalupe Street, UTA 2.206, Austin, Texas 78701.