UT MAIN CAMPUS
Job Posting Title:
Radio/Television/Film Specialist III
College of Liberal Arts
Position Open To:
Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Earliest Start Date:
Jan 16, 2023
Expected to Continue Until Jan 31, 2024
UT MAIN CAMPUS
This position provides life/work balance with a 40-hour, typical work week. Evening, weekend, and holiday hours may be required as project deadlines demand. On-campus work is required. Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without sponsorship.
Join Liberal Arts Instructional Technology Services (https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/laits/), a unique and diverse service department dedicated to creating, maintaining, and promoting technology within the College of Liberal Arts at The University of Texas at Austin.
UT Austin offers a competitive benefits package (https://hr.utexas.edu/prospective) that includes:
- 100% employer-paid basic medical coverage for employee
- Optional medical insurance for employee’s dependents – up to 50% employer-paid
- Optional dental, vision, and term life insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid holiday time off each year; state legislature determines the number of holidays
- 12 days of paid vacation time off per year for new employees
- 12 days of paid sick leave per year
- Matching contribution to Teacher Retirement System (TRS)
- Staff Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to Recreation & Health Facilities
This fixed-term position is expected to be funded through January 31, 2024.
Liberal Arts Instructional Technology Services (LAITS) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated professional to assist with the operations of a unique and diverse service department dedicated to creating, maintaining, and promoting technology within the largest college at The University of Texas.
Work with the Video, Audio, Graphics, and Project Management teams to produce multimedia content for faculty and staff from the College of Liberal Arts and other university clients.
Provide technical assistance to student employees including teaching new skills and software as needed.
Assist with the running and continued development of the Student Technology Assistants program.
Work autonomously and efficiently on pre-production planning, asset creation, graphical design, and/or other design and production needs for multiple projects simultaneously.
Project manage design projects and facilitate client communication and satisfaction.
Create and communicate reports on projects.
Other duties as assigned.
- 5 Years of professional experience in the field of audio/design/video with a High School Diploma/GED or 1 year of professional experience with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office/Google Sheets. Project management experience in supervising projects.
- Working knowledge of Workday, Slack, and Harvest. Experience using and running Zoom meetings.
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- More than two years of experience working in a design studio.
- Experience in graphic design for online education and online courses.
- Strong working knowledge of Basecamp.
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a team or crew.
- Professional customer service and support skills.
- Hands on experience with logo design, typography, color, and web layout design.
- Experience as a project manager.
- Experience overseeing and training student workers or interns.
- Proven working experience as Art Director.
- Post-production experience including green screen/chroma key, 2D animation, motion graphics, and graphic design.
- Experience creating daily work plans.
- Professional experience at The University of Texas at Austin as an undergraduate student employee during the 2022-23 academic year.
- Work location is on the UT Main Campus.
- Off-campus studio shoots may be required.
- Personally-owned electronic devices will be required in order to communicate effectively with team members.
- May work in extreme temperatures.
- May work outdoors.
- May work around standard office conditions.
- May work around electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Use of manual dexterity.
- Climbing of stairs.
- Climbing of ladders
- Lifting and moving.
Overtime, evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required as needs demand.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Important for Current university employees and contingent workers: As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.
Regular staff who have been employed in their current position for the last six continuous months are eligible for openings being recruited for through University-Wide or Open Recruiting, to include both promotional opportunities and lateral transfers. Staff who are promotion/transfer eligible may apply for positions without supervisor approval.
Retirement Plan Eligibility:
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.
The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university’s company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
- E-Verify Poster (English) [PDF]
- E-Verify Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (English) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
Employees may be required to report violations of law under Title IX and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). If this position is identified a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified and provided resources for reporting. Responsible employees under Title IX are defined and outlined in HOP-3031.
The Clery Act requires all prospective employees be notified of the availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety report. You may access the most recent report here or obtain a copy at University Compliance Services, 1616 Guadalupe Street, UTA 2.206, Austin, Texas 78701.