The Division of Student Affairs works for and alongside students to create the distinctive student experience for which UVA is known. The division’s mission is to promote the intellectual, cultural, personal, and social development of students while enhancing their physical and psychological well-being.
The Division is seeking motivated and creative self-starters to join the Division’s Finance team. The Student Affairs Finance office is responsible for many finance functions in Student Affairs, including processing student organization funding, and planning and managing the division’s budgets. The team strives to provide financial information to help the division best support students and the community.
This role will specialize in submitting billing information provided by the Division’s two Event Planning teams into Workday and will also process financial transactions.
The Division is hiring a part-time Fiscal Technician (approximately 20 hours/week) and is seeking a motivated and creative initiative taker to join the Division’s Finance team. The Student Affairs Finance office is responsible for many finance functions in Student Affairs, including processing student organization funding, processing student honor loans, and planning and managing the division's budgets. The team strives to provide financial information in order to help the division best support students and the community.
Work done in support of Finance Team
- Works closely with Finance Team to plan, monitor, and submit budgets and takes part in budget discussions with Division colleagues.
- Collects benchmarking data of peer institutions and ensures that all budget related documentation is kept electronically.
- Assists Finance team colleagues as needed on Student Affairs data projects. Data is foundational to the work the division does and enables us to look at a subject from many different angles. Think and act with a data mindset.
- The position is responsible for other special projects and duties as assigned by senior leadership.
- Expert in Workday Financial, and Adaptive processes and policies; advise on and implement account hierarchy, business processes, controls, budget projections models, and reporting; educate others on these processes and reports.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: Associates/Bachelor's degree and at least one year of relevant work experience highly preferred
- Excellent organizational skillsStrong work ethic with an appreciation for deadlines
- Resourceful and collaborative: able to communicate with key stakeholders
- Ability to build trust with colleagues
- Ability to independently research topics pertaining to operational area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Inquisitive approach to data
- Strong commitment to the Student Affairs core values of academic rigor, honor, student self-governance, public service, diversity and multiculturalism, and health and wellness
- Confident in learning new finance software/programs/processes as the University transitions.
A competitive applicant for the Fiscal Tech position may also have these knowledge areas, skills, and abilities:
- Proficient in Excel and confident with databases/reporting tools
- Working knowledge of Workday financials
- Efficient in the processing of financial transactions
For additional information about the position, please contact: John Piper, Manager, email@example.com.
Hiring Range will be $26-27/hour commensurate with education and experience. This is an nonexempt level, benefited, part-time position. Click here for more information on UVa employee benefits. Review of applicants will begin November 13, 2023. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
Create an account or log in and submit an application in Workday, search for R0054401. Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all required documents will not receive full consideration. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching 'Find Jobs'. Attach the following:
- Cover letter
Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all the required documents will not receive full consideration.
References will be completed via UVA’s standardized process Skill Survey. A total of five references will be requested via SkillSurvey during the final phase of the interview process. For questions about the application process, please contact Michele Jarman, Academic Recruiter.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.