The University of Virginia is seeking a Learning and Development Consultant to join our team in Human Resources. This position is responsible for delivering professional training to UVA’s employees and team members. The Learning and Development team’s specific purpose is to enrich the UVA employee journey and cultivate career success by enabling innovative pathways that spark lifelong learning and career development, empowering and celebrating all of our workforce, and supporting strategic change.
The Learning and Development team delivers career tools, professional development, and leadership learning opportunities for UVA employees and team members. This Consultant role works as part of the team to create relevant, meaningful training for UVA employees and team members, delivered/facilitated in person and virtually, to advance a targeted set of leadership competencies.
Successful applicants should have significant experience in developing training content to meet specific goals, teaching to pre-existing leadership content, as well as contributing to continually evolving curriculum needs. The development of interactive content should empower managers and individual contributors, develop diverse teams, and embody principles for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and deliver a full range of professional development opportunities for UVA employees and team members, virtually/online and in-person as part of a collaborative Learning and Development team
- Design and facilitate training for managers at all stages of their career at UVA
- Plan, schedule, and implement professional development sessions to meet individual and team learning needs (and as part of a Learning Management System: Workday Learning)
- Partner with leaders and colleagues to facilitate focused team sessions on targeted content to support organizational interventions
- Contribute to UVA career development culture by continually researching, improving, and curating timely and relevant content.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven and effective experience at delivering leadership and professional development curriculum
- Broad experience in developing and teaching professional/leadership development topics to a diverse population in a community/healthcare/higher education/human services or similar setting
- Experience with delivering interactive content and facilitating relevant team discussions for small and large groups, both in-person and virtually
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and networking skills to develop professional partnerships with UVA leaders
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a professional development schedule to assess, track, and improve program effectiveness to meet UVA employee needs
- Administer feedback tools for continuous improvement and input to include surveys, evaluations, focus groups, and stakeholder input
- Excellent organizational, workload, and time management skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and Excel) and familiarity with virtual platforms, videoconferencing, teaching, or webinar tools (e.g., Zoom, Teams, Canva, learning management systems, and survey tools).
Find out more about the many benefits of working at UVA (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/why-uva), and living in Charlottesville (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/why-charlottesville). This is an exempt-level, benefited position. For more information on the benefits at UVA, visit here. Employee benefits package highlights include:
- 22 days of paid time off, increasing with service; 13+ paid holidays each year, in addition to paid time off
- Parental and Community Service Leave
- Health plan with options to meet healthcare and financial needs available immediately
- Retirement through the Virginia Retirement System
- Tuition and professional development benefits after the first six months
- Employee wellness program featuring activities to earn up to $500/year.
We are committed to fostering an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position is eligible for some remote work with the understanding that most work must be conducted in-person, on site with some frequency. Anticipated starting salary: $75,000.
- A HS diploma is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but relevant years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Please provide any leadership certifications and specific development topic expertise with your application.
This position will remain open until filled. Review of Applicants will begin in mid-May 2023. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
Please apply through Workday, and search for R0047626. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching ‘Find Jobs.’ Complete an application online with the following documents:
• Cover letter
Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all required documents will not receive full consideration.
References will be completed via UVA’s standardized process SkillSurvey. A total of five references will be requested via SkillSurvey during the final phase of the interview process. A minimum of three is required. For questions about the application process, please contact Michele Jarman, Academic Recruiter.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.