The Dean’s Office within the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) at the University of Virginia (UVA) seeks applications for Manager of IT Service Operations. The School of Engineering and Applied Science consists of 9 departments across the field of engineering. The school has seen tremendous growth in student population and faculty, as well as in its research expenditures in recent years; growth that relies heavily on efficient and reliable information technology practices. This position will provide administrative, technical, and operational project management to define and improve IT functionality in support of the mission of the Engineering School. In addition, this role will manage unit fiscal operations, communications, team building and service outreach.
Consistent with UVA’s 2030 “Great and Good” strategic plan, the School of Engineering and Applied Science is committed to supporting our students, faculty, and staff, cultivate the most vibrant community in higher education, to prepare our students to be servant-leaders in a diverse and globally connected world. For more information on the School’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Engagement, please visit:
As project lead, the selected candidates will:
- have considerable knowledge of and experience with University policies, processes, and administrative systems
- construct, standardize, manage, and report on IT project processes, deliverables, management tools, and workflow
- integrate technical opportunities and challenges and develop alternatives and possibilities for recommendation and implementation within established time frame and budget
- utilize standard principles of project management when developing projects
- coordinate among several internal and external stakeholders through established project communication channels and tools
- skillfully negotiate customer needs, resource demands, opportunity costs, project scope, and available time.
As fiscal lead, the selected candidates will:
- manage all aspects of fiscal departmental support, including staff training, management of Workday Security Roles, and disseminate new Workday requirements ensuring compliance
- coordinate with the offices of central IT finance when necessary to ensure consistency of processes and policies and to leverage vendor pricing structures where possible
- authorize budgeted expenditures and ensure proper accounting practices to conform with State, UVa and audit regulations
- perform monthly account certifications, including maintaining financial and non-financial records following applicable UVA policies and procedures
- prepare and/or oversee the preparation of purchase orders and payment vouchers, process payments and financial transactions promptly in compliance with the University’s requirements, resolving any discrepancies with vendors, as needed
- coordinate with leadership team to develop annual, multi-year, and year-round financial planning and management of budgets
- communicate frequently and effectively with management, staff, faculty, central IT vendors, departmental contacts, and other stakeholders with professionalism and tact to ensure activities are well-coordinated and well-managed in compliance with University policies and procedures
As IT communications specialist, the selected candidates will:
- coordinate with unit members and stakeholders to create unified messaging surrounding service outreach, unit procedures
- develop messaging around training, department updates, newsletters, and announcements
- collaborate with dean’s office communications professionals to adherence to school standards and content
- co-lead the development of an internal annual report highlighting the School of Engineering’s IT services, accomplishments, and team
In addition to the above, this position will report directly to the Director of Information (IT) Technology and Analytics and assist with:
- developing,championing, and managing opportunities and programs for staff professional development, external outreach, rewards and recognition, and teambuilding
- monitoring and reporting on active utilization of service and asset management technology
- periodically measure and report on team current performance against department annual goals
- conduct periodic and random service satisfaction surveys and facilitate service checkup meetings with department administration
- manage rewards and recognition program
- foster high performance teams that generate innovative solutions to problems; lead team in working in situations where there are competing deadlines, resources and requirements. Create an environment where team is empowered to take independent action
Manager of IT Service Operations Qualifications:
- Education: Associate’s degree in information technology, data analytics, data science, computer science, management information systems, finance or related field is recommended. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least ten years of increasing experience with University IT systems and processes, leading projects, fiscal responsibilities, or equivalent roles is preferred.
- ITIL 4 (Foundations or higher), PMI (DASM, CAPM or higher) or similar ITSM or projectrelated certification preferred.
- Familiarity and demonstrated expertise using the following, or similar, systems:
- Office 365 and Microsoft Power Platform including Power BI
- Workday Finance, University Business Intelligence (UBI), Student Information System (SIS)
- Project management principles and tools such as Smartsheet or MS Project
- Account certifications, UVA Finance roles & responsibilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job occasionally requires traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
For additional information about the position, please contact: Bill Crane Senior Academic Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting salary commensurate with education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. For more information on the benefits at UVA, visit hr.virginia.edu/benefits.
Please apply through this link http://jobs.virginia.edu/us/en/job /R0055678/Manager-of-IT-Service-Operations Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching 'Find Jobs'. Complete an application online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
Upload all materials into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Alternatively, merge all documents into one PDF for submission. Applications that do not contain all the required documents will not receive full consideration.
For questions about the application process, please contact Bill Crane, Senior Recruiter at email@example.com.
Education: High School Diploma. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience: Three to five years. Higher Education experience preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.