UVA is focusing on a robust and effective financial management approach enabled by a fully integrated cloud-based technology solution for the University, with the intention to leverage industry best practices, develop a future state business model, and enable the utilization of modernized tools.
Our goal is to reduce administrative burden, make compliance with regulations and policies easier and more consistent, strengthen our risk management framework, and allow the University community to better steward resources in support of its mission. At every turn, we seek to answer the key question: “How can we, through this transformation, make UVA a better university — more preeminent in research and teaching, more deeply engaged in service, more accessible and affordable?
As a member of the Reporting & Analytics (R&A) Team, the Workday Reporting Analyst is responsible for the creation of report solutions in Workday and Prism Analytics. The Reporting Analyst will engage with stakeholders, collect and define requirements, and develop reports on the Workday platform to meet financial reporting business needs. More specific responsibilities will include coordinating with other team members, partner organizations, and UVA end-users to analyze report needs, documenting requirements and report use case scenarios, developing reports, and participating in testing/ validation of reporting functionality changes. In performing these duties, the incumbent will analyze business problems and processes to identify functional and non-functional solutions to the financial reporting needs of the University.
Responsibilities & Duties
Workday/Prism Design and Development
- Design, develop, configure/reconfigure, and test Workday reports while leveraging the knowledge of business processes and the foundational data model.
- Evaluate and assimilate evolving Workday and Prism reporting functionality, remaining cognizant of complex system inter-dependencies and associated business process implications.
- Analyze business problems and processes to identify solutions to support the reporting needs of the University.
- Complete identification and implementation of Workday Reporting configuration changes.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the functionality of reports are implemented as planned and new reports are completed to meet the business need.
- Adhere to approach and methodology for reports configuration and software changes in an accurate, efficient and compliant manner.
Business Systems Analysis:
- Requirements Gathering: Discover and research system requirements from users and stakeholders including coordination with R&A team members, project workstreams, and other key partners.
- Documentation: Create and maintain functional team deliverables, including ensuring naming and documentation consistency.
- Analysis: Understand how business requirements can be configured in reports and convert functional design needs into report design documentation.
- Data: Provide cross-functional understanding of data and support in the validation of new and revised reports.
- Testing: Support the creation of test scenarios and the execution of testing.
- Quality: Takes ownership of and ensures the integrity of Finance data through the development of audit reports; troubleshoots irregularities; partners with Functional team to research, correct discrepancies, and ensure compliance.
Knowledge Management, Training & Communication:
- Support training activities for business units and end-users, including development and verification of relevant content
- Collaborate closely with others to ensure coordination of information and relevant changes to existing reporting available; provide content that may be published regarding the status of existing reports and changes to existing reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to non-technical users, and the ability to communicate accurate status to project leadership.
- Outstanding aptitude and ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies, including Workday iLoads, EIBs, Workday Web Services, Workday custom reporting, Workday data sources.
- Strong ability to understand the underlying business function being served by integrations.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple efforts and concurrent priorities.
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail, analytical acumen, intellectual curiosity, and creativity.
- Ability to create and assimilate business process documentation.
- Extensive experience interacting with customers, including resolution of complex inquiries and effectively prioritizing during high-volume timeframes.
- Experience supporting system testing and/or data validation activities.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and respect for other individuals.
- Excellent judgment. You have the rare combination of being able to make quick decisions with your gut and measured decisions with your head. You can pull on your strong analytical abilities or your instincts at the right times to make the right judgment call.
- You take ownership. You constantly seek opportunities to optimize processes and improve efficiency. You’re communicative and comfortable working with and through a range of different people and builds relationships quickly.
- You are resilient and flexible. You seek out direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
- You are thoughtful and intentional. You always think steps ahead. Before asking questions, you prepare your own answers, even if they are just first draft thoughts.
- You are resourceful and practical. You are able to take different kinds of input, quickly and effectively sort out action plans.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
Required Experience: At least 3 years of relevant experience as a Workday report developer with hands-on experience building Advanced and Composite reports required with an emphasis on financial reports desired.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or related discipline. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Preferred Experience: 5 – 7 years of experience as a Workday report developer with an emphasis on financial reports and experience with dashboards and Prism Analytics.
Preferred Computer Applications: Workday HCM, Workday Financials, Experience working with SaaS systems configuration and maintenance, experienced in the use of customer support infrastructure tools, including a case management system, knowledgebase, and associated reporting tools and experience analyzing complex Higher Education Administration processes.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $90,000 – $115,000 pay commensurate with candidate credentials with UVA benefits..
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Daniel Strong, Senior Recruiter at [email protected]
How to Apply:
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration, please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘R0034617′. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘R0034617.’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Education: High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Experience: 5 years relevant experience
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.