Colonial Life Home Office
Chattanooga Home Office
USA – ME – Portland
Home Worker – US
Baton Rouge Home Office
Job Posting End Date: April 10
When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout life’s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally. To enable this, we provide:
Inclusion and diversity as a priority
Performance Based Incentive Plans
Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
Mental health support
Career advancement opportunities
Student loan repayment options
Flexible work environments
*All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And that’s just the beginning…
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether you’re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
The Digital Learning Developer role combines instructional design, graphic design, and motion design skills to develop engaging learning experiences and performance support tools for multiple business areas. This position works directly with business partners to solve complex business challenges that can be addressed through eLearning and blended learning solutions. Key competencies for this role include eLearning authoring and Adobe Creative Cloud tool acumen, effective partner consultation, along with identification and implementation of appropriate learning solutions through application of adult learning theory.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with business partners including trainers, subject matter experts and leadership, applying adult learning theory and instructional design standards to identify appropriate training media and methodologies.
- Design learner centric eLearning, blended learning, and performance support tools that will broaden skills and knowledge of users and improve operational effectiveness.
- Seek to understand the learners wants and needs while leveraging things like personas, empathy maps, and journey maps
- Develop storyboards, prototyping, scripts, video, audio, and job aids that meet business specifications and can be supported within the company’s current eLearning architecture/environment.
- Collaborate with business partners to modify and add programs as specifications change.
- Analyze and implement methods of evaluation and assessments to measure and report learning program effectiveness.
- Establish clear and achievable objectives and manage project’s delivery within established timelines, quality measures and communication expectations.
- Collects and analyzes data, including utilization metrics and trends, business indicators and partner feedback. Communicates findings including learner proficiency and program performance to partners and stakeholders to identify and respond to continuous improvement opportunities
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with business partners.
- Active contributor to team’s work practices which may include weekly planning, regular team stand ups and periodic reviews/retrospectives.
- Provide consultative support and share expertise regarding eLearning and instructional design with peers and with business partners.
- Research and apply knowledge of internal and external industry information to enhance learning solution delivery.
- Use appropriate influencing strategies and compromise to gain genuine agreement and achieve desired business results.
- Mentor and coach business partners (and other team members) on methodologies and technology that can lead to improved organizational effectiveness.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant business experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using eLearning authoring and development tools, Articulate and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- An online portfolio of work including examples of eLearning materials, designs, websites applications, etc.
- Proficient using company approved audio and video capturing and editing tools.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing web, graphic and instructional design, and support to business partners.
- Solid knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design standards, design thinking, training media and methodologies.
- A solid understanding of modern web technologies and interaction patterns.
- Experienced at designing and developing system simulation training using eLearning authoring and development tools.
- Experience using design software which may include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent tools.
- Understanding of Learning Management Systems such as Workday Learning or Cornerstone.
- Proven experience designing for multiple devices, such as desktop, mobile and tablet.
- A practical knowledge of information architecture and user experience design.
- Basic understanding of .html, .css, and .js is preferred
- Solid consultation/negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong ability to manage complex projects and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Keep apprised of changes in technology and methodology.
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA – plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.